LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Winston Lobo   03 December 2016

Registration of the property for my daughter

Hi, I need some advise from you experts. I have a property back in Goa which belonged to me. Since i'm now divorced, my ex-wife & myself had a mutual agreement on having the property registered under my daughters name & my ex-wife would be only in charge of the day to day transaction. However, if my ex-wife wants to sell the property she would need my concent. My daughter is only 6 months old. I found out from the developer the property cannot be registered under my daughters name & my ex-wife wants the property registered under her name. I have already agreed to give my ex-wife a land & also a lumpsum alimony amount. I honestly dont want the property registered under my ex-wifes name since i'm not sure what she would do next. All i want is the property to be for my daughter as a safety for future. look forward to getting some advise from you experts.

Learning

3 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     03 December 2016

Winston you can make gift deed in favour of your daughter. And menationed clause that when ever she become major then she will have full right over that property.

Do not make any agreement infavour of your wife. Other wise she will sold it out with out your permisssion.

Will u appreciate this answer by giving like on myh LCi profile?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 December 2016

And you can also write a will and get it registered.  Once you gift it, you may not be eligible for profits on property and some related matters.  Even if you gift the property, your ex may sell away showing some necessity, as she happens to be a guardian.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 December 2016

And you can also write a will and get it registered.  Once you gift it, you may not be eligible for profits on property and some related matters.  Even if you gift the property, your ex may sell away showing some necessity, as she happens to be a guardian.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register