LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Alfred Peter   16 June 2015

Registration of a leased land

Dear Sir, My grandfather had received an peice of land measuren 6300 sq. ft.in dharwad from the owner in 1954 on oral agreement of paying Rs.150 per year and since then we have been staying there and the land records were entered in city survey land records in 1983 on the basis of receipts of lease rent since 1954 on my Grand fathers name and our family is possessing and enjoying this property since then. After the death of my grand father his successors names also have been entered in the land records as the legal heirs as per his will. There is no Lease deed available and hence no period of lease is been mentioned. The successors also have given us a writtern permission to build and occupy any buildings for our use in this land on a Rupees 10. stamp paper in 1990 which also has a mention of Rent of Rs.150 per year. Can this property be registered in our name? What can be done so that we can securely register this property in our name? Since there is no specific perod of lease mentioned can it be deemed as perpetual lease period ? 

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 June 2015

Is there any mentioned like perpetual lessor and perpetual lessee in the written permission paper ?

Alfred Peter   16 June 2015

No sir it is only mentioned as lease rent per year is Rs.150

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register