Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sahana (Accounts Assistant)     12 November 2010

Registration

Hi 

I want  to know under the current law how important is it to get a marriage registered?

Thanks in advance

Sahana Murthy

Learning

8 Replies

Shivendra (Sr HR Executive)     12 November 2010

hi sahana,

it is always good and expected to be registered regarding the matters of importance in life specially in a country of which judiciary system has its significance world wide and imparts immence value to records.....  registration would be of great help and importance,

with thanks and regards

shivendra

(Guest)

In order to get status of wife in india you must register your marriage compulsorily under registration act.

1. In order to claim the benefits of wife to apply for Passport to go for foreign country to live with husband.

2. If any dispute aroused between husband and wife  to get remedy in a court of law i/e maintenance, divorce, to proceed under dowry, domestic violence, get benefits of  service of working or worked husband  terminal benefits.

3. To get the status of wife in getting legal heirship certificate, succession certificate, to change the name of the husband after demise in revenue , property records and etc.

RENISH RAO (ADVOCATE)     15 November 2010

very well advised by Shri Ganesan

Sahana (Accounts Assistant)     15 November 2010

Thanks everybody. 

In this case my husband is not interested in getting registration done. What to do?

Thanks again

Sahana Murthy

Shivendra (Sr HR Executive)     15 November 2010

hello sahana,

the very matter is between u and your husband where it should be, we can tell you the legalities, but the decision is totally upon you, we just can hope that you people talk over the matter open mindedly and reach a legally well and individually very well decision,

with regards,

shivendra

Sahana (Accounts Assistant)     16 November 2010

Thank you

(Guest)

Yes I agree with Mr.Shivendra

vishalkumar (practising Advocate)     17 November 2010

hi dear,

it is very necessary to get your marriage registered for the benefit of both the spouses. the Central government has also enacted a provision, as a result of which the married couple without "marriage registration certificate" may be fined an amount of Rs. 25/-

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register