Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sachin   04 July 2016

Registering property for house tax after father death

Hi 
We have a family house in Uttrakhand. My father died as intestate in 1999. I understand that after him legal heirs are my mother, total three brother and one sister. (As now we are three brothers and one sister and my mother) 
My sister don't want any share in property. she is ready to give relinquishment deed. As a result i understand three brother and my mother, we all have equal right in property.  please confirm.

And my question is following ...

1. My urgent requirement is to register name in Municipality for House Tax record as digitization of property is going on in Uttrakhand, i am not sure whose name we have to mention in Municipality.  
  2. Now will the property be in the name of my mother and we three brothers ?
  3. What process we need to do to change name?

Please advice. 

Learning

2 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     06 July 2016

Need to go mucipal office and submit death certificate  of ur father and  your ration card in which names of all family member have been mentioned. Finally as per ur wish ur Mother's name  or three brother name were inserted as owner of property.

sachin   06 July 2016

Dear abv.bharat,

i understand that only ration card and death certificate is sufficient to enter the name of owners in Municipal Record.

Do there any need or fomralities to be done from court like affidevit etc regarding share of owners in property.

Please elaborate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register