LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kapil Sethi (Director)     20 January 2015

Registered letters

One of the Govt officials in New Delhi India claims that he had been sending me Registered Letters  which unfortunately have never been received by me here in Canada. I have inquired from Canadian Postal Services and they have confirmed that no letters have been received here during that period.They also informed that electronic records for the last seven years can be made available on request. The official in India keeps blaming me for receiving the Registered Letters and threaten me with the further consequences.
Is there any legal provision to get the truth out of the whole thing. The officer concerned was sent an email asking about the receipt numbers/ tracking numbers but no reply is received in spite of repeated reminders.
What should I do to? Can anyone guide. This officer will be retired soon to get rid of the whole problem and I will remain the victim.

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     20 January 2015

Obtain the certified copy of confirmatory electronic records by request..............ASAP.

Thereafter  you may show all docs on record pertaining to the matter (that you have not explained in detail)  to your lawyer and your lawyer may advise to submit a written communication to the HOD of this govt.employee  on the same email trail that you have sent or remain silent till this govt.employee acts further....... 

Kapil Sethi (Director)     20 January 2015

Thanks Mr Kumar Doab. Since tracking numbers are not made available from the sender Canadian Postal Services are not in a position to give Confirmatory Electronic Records. Once the Receipts or the tracking numbers are available they can provide.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     22 January 2015

What is the registered letter to do here? you are to give some background details about it so that you may get a proper opinion and suitable suggestions.

Kapil Sethi (Director)     24 January 2015

Mr Kalaiselvan these Registered Letters are concerning a Departmental Inquiry under CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972.  The Inquiry was conducted without even informing me the charge. Inquiry Officer now says that they had been sending me Registered Letters. I retired in 2004 and it was conducted in 2014
I had informed my office of my permanent resident in Canada just after the retirement in June 2004
I have an outstanding record in the office for 35 years of service.
I have no one in India as my complete family is settled here.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register