LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Brinda (sdfs)     19 July 2015

Registered letter for property case

My grandfather has transfered the house on my father's name - 3 years before he died. So my grandfather was fully in senses when he did the transfer. 

Now my aunt (fathers sister) wants a share in the house . This property is the bombay pagadi system house - where my dad has been paying rent all along. 

My parents are not in bombay and a registered letter asking for a share in the house has been sent by aunt. Our neighbor signed and accepted the letter. 

Is there anything my father needs to do with the registered letter while he is away from bombay.

Thanks in advance

Brinda

Learning

5 Replies

M/s. Y-not legal services (Advocate)     20 July 2015

Nothing mentioned about the property that it is ancestral ptoperty or self aquired property of your grandfather. What ever may be now your aunty wants to initiated legal proceeding to get her share. If your mentioned registered Letter is legal notice mean your father has to issued reply to the same

Nothing mentioned about the property that it is ancestral ptoperty or self aquired property of your grandfather. What ever may be now your aunty wants to initiated legal proceeding to get her share. If your mentioned registered Letter is legal notice mean your father has to issued reply to the same

Sorry. Due to the network problem its got multiple post.

Biswanath Roy (Advocate)     23 July 2015

Neighbour received the Registered letter addressed to your father although said neighbour is not authorised by your father to receive the same hence, your father can deny receipt of the said letter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register