Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Revathi   02 February 2019

Regarding registration of will

sir,

My father wants to register his WILL in tamilnadu now my question is how much stamp duty and registration charges are to be paid for getting the Will registered.I belong to chennai I have another doubt should the WILL be registered within the jurisdiction we belong I.e we belong to sro kunrathur in chennai.please clarify

Learning

2 Replies

(Guest)

Registration of Will is optional as per the Law.However, registration of the same is suggestable to aviod future litigaation.The Will is generally registered in the territorial jurisdiction of Sub-Registrar office, where the said Immovable property is situated.

The stamp duty information can be obtained from Stamps and registration dept of your state.

Note: Will comes into effect only on demise of testator and testator can make any number of Wills but only the last will before the demise shall only prevail.

Regards

Balachander Reddy,B.Com,LL.B,LL.M IPR

High Court Advocate and Legal consultant

Mobile/whatspp # 9959850723

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     02 February 2019

A Will registration is optional.  A will after execution by the Testator, may be registered at any place but preferable where the executor is residing.  A will does not require stamp duty. A will be should be attested by two witnesese and scribe.  If the testator he himself may draft will with his own hand writing.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register