LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Himanshu Pandey (Engineer)     18 March 2016

Regarding poor supply of fruits and vegetables from grofers

My name is Himanshu Pandey, currently working as a software engineer in Bangalore. I ordered some fruits & vegetables from a  Gurgaon based company: Grofers India Pvt. Ltd through Mobile App. I received the order on 11th March, 2016 at 09:30 PM. While my wife started to cook a cauliflower yesterday night, then she got a dangerous insect living inside that. 

Similarly while we saw the bananas at morning, then its also in strange condition & nobody is able to eat this. Lady fingers are also so tough to cook from the same order.

I complained to them through mobile app (1-2 hours after their time frame). They were returning 16 rupees for cauliflower. But all the stuffs of this order are looking like garbage. I am telling to cancel my order, but these people are not ready to do that. They are telling that I crossed the complain time frame. (May be by 1-2 hours).  

Now the problem is how these companies are getting license or approval from government to supply these poor quality stuffs. Should there some quality guidelines or safety checks for food items?

If possible please suggest regarding leagal actions in consumer court against Grofers India Pvt. Ltd.

Reply From Grofers:

Dear Himanshu,

As an organisation committed to the highest levels of consumer satisfaction, we are happy to address the concern shared vide email below. You may like to note that Grofers India Private Limited (Grofers) operates and manages an online marketplace which facilitates sale of products by third party sellers and delivers products purchased by a consumer from such third party merchant. Grofers does not in any manner sell any items/products to end users, or assume any liability for products (including quality related issues) and such fact is clearly recorded in the terms and conditions of sale available at our website/app. Grofers’ service is limited to delivery of products sold by independent third party merchants who stock and sell the same and since our role is limited to liaising with the relevant merchant we were unable to assist you further.

It may also be noted that the goods purchased by you under order number 4894706 are perishable in nature and which are recommended to be consumed within 48 hours of purchase. It is with this background that our returns policy is limited as the third party merchant, who is solely liable for the quality of products refuse to accept returns on perishable products. Since your request was received after completion of said time frame we are constrained from returning products to the merchant from whom you purchased the products.

We hope the above serves as a satisfactory response. For any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register