LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sachin Savarkar (Engineer)     15 May 2014

Regarding partition

We are hindu family from maharashtra, India. My age is 62 years. my father was owned land property in 1975. Since i am the elder person among all siblings and well earner in family my father asked me to construct the house on land. I constructed entire building with my earning and spend all money. further more i did all things for family like marriages, funerials, handling of relative etc. till year of 2013 because i was the person who look after the parents and handling the whole house and family. Father was died in 1996 he want to transfer entire property on my name but unfortunately not he did not get the time to sign the will because of his health condition. After death of my father, all son and daughters names are applied on 7/12 certificate of land. now after 20 years 3 sisters and 3 brothers are claiming there equal share on land (Not on construction) they want money as per market rate of land. all the three sisters are married before 1980. all brother living separately from 30 years. I am residing in building from last 25 years and also paying all municipal and govt taxes of property. my question is

1) Can sister get equal share in property even if they married before 1980 and father died before new hindu law of 2005

2) which valuation for land is considered by law? current market value of land or government valuation of land?

3) I am not in financial condition to pay back every sibling their share by market rate of land. They have decided to sell property in open market for which i am opposing. Is it possible for them to sell property without my consent and i am living there? 

3) If one of the sister is died and was married before 1980 can her son is eligible for share in his grandfathers property?

Please suggest what can i do.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register