LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shana bhidu (nil)     06 December 2011

Regarding noc for appearing in personal interview of cpse

THIS QUAGMIRE IS ENCOUNTERED BY MANY FRESHER CANDIDATES WORKING IN CENTRAL PUBLIC SECTOR ENTERPRISES. IF WE APPLY TO SOME OTHER PSU FOR EMPLOYMENT , THEY ASK FOR NON OBJECTION CERTIFICATE FROM THE PRESENT EMPLOYER (PRESENT PSU WHERE WE WORK) . THE BIGGEST IRONY IN CASE OF PUBLIC SECTOR UNDERTAKINGS IS THAT, THEY ASK FOR NOC FROM OTHER CANDIDATES TO ALLOW THEM TO APPEAR IN THEIR INTERVIEWS BUT WHEN CANDIDATES WORKING IN THAT PSU DEMAND NOC FOR APPEARING IN ANOTHER PSU INTERVIEW , THE PRESENT EMPLOYER (PSU) REFUSES TO PROVIDE SUCH NOC .. HOW SHOULD THE CANDIDATES OVERCOME THIS DIFFICULTY ????

DO THE CANDIDATES HAVE TO RESIGN EACH TIME FOR APPEARING IN ANOTHER PSU INTERVIEW ?

EXPERTS KINDLY  REPLY............. 

Learning

16 Replies

(Guest)

NOC is purely at the discretion of the employer to give. NOC cannot be claimed as a matter of right. In fact, any recruitment process takes a lot of time and is a costly affair for any organisation. So, every organisation tries that employee should not take as granted the orgasnisation as a transit organisation by the candidates.

As such the only remedy left with the employee is to resign from the post, if a candidate gets better opportunity in the other organisation.

1 Like

shana bhidu (nil)     08 December 2011

Sir , Thanks for replying :)

But the major issue is that if NOC is not provided by the present employer then we cannot appear for interview of any Central public sector enterprise (like BHEL, NTPC, ONGC etc etc). If we are not allowed to appear for interview itself of some PSU (without NOC) then how can we get a job in a new public sector company ?

Unless we already get a job, we cannot think of resigning from the present PSU as    we can't be absolutely sure that we will clear the interview of new PSU... kindly reply..

thank you :)

(Guest)

There is no ban in appearing in the interview with any organisation if no NOC is granted. But, the arrangement will be personal on the part of the employee, with the only difference that he should be ready to resign his previous post on selection in the new organisation.

shana bhidu (nil)     28 December 2011

Sir but any prospective PSU employer specifically stresses that a candidate already working in another PSU , has to either forward his application through porper channel or has to produce NOC while appearing in personal interview, failure in producing NOC will make the candidate ineligible for the interview, here is a sample recruitment advertisement,... kindly download it and have a look at point no 9.10 on page no 7 of the following attachment..............

which effectively means that a candidate has to conceal that he is already working in another PSU, which means that a candidate has to lie about his present employment ???

Attached File : 353226138 gail-advt.pdf, 353226138 gail-advt.pdf downloaded: 1755 times

Deepika (Clerk)     02 March 2012

Hello sir..i m presently working in bank as clerk and i have got selected as officer in another bank..bt my bank refuses to issue NOC and i hv given undertaking (at the time of interview) that i will produce NOC..is resignation and no dues certificate from present emplyer sufficient?

Please guide.

(Guest)
In the above circumstances the selection of the candidate may become invalid,if challenged before the court because it was a vilation of the terms of application/call letter.So merely resigning will not solve the problem.

VIVEK KUMAR (Bank)     01 December 2012

Hello Sir!

I joined as an I.T. Officer in Punjab & Sind Bank on Oct 3rd, 2012. During the job, I have applied for a similar post in the State Bank Associates, but I haven't informed my employers. In the application I was asked to enter  the employment details as on 01.10.2012. Since, I was not in job on or before 01.10.2012, I didn't mention the current job details in the application.I have a few queries regarding NOC -

1. I want to know, if after clearing the written, I am asked for a NOC from the current employer to attend the interview, do I still need to produce NOC, since  my joining was on 03.10.2012 but the application asked for my job status on 01.11.2012?

2. What if I attend the interview without informing them of the current job and later produce a copy of the resignation letter and the relieving letter to the new employer, if selected?

3. Also, is there any possibility that I inform at the time of interview, that I haven't got the NOC but if selected, I will resign from the current job and produce proper relieving letter from the current employer (after payment of bond amt, notice period amt and other dues) at the time of joining. Will they allow me for the interview in that case?

Thanks and Regards

(Guest)

Since both the organisations are PSUs, it is obligatory to obtain ''NoC'' before applying/appearing for a job.Hence,while appearing for interview you are required to obtain ''NoC'' from your present employer.Otherwise, it will be a breach of service conditions with your present employer,for which they may even take disciplinary actions against you..During your interview definitely the interview board will ask you about your present employment and at that time it will become an embarassing situation for you.Either you shall have to hide the present job or tell the truth.Further,i you are selected , during police verification, the truth may come out.Moreover, if you applied through proper channel, your retirement benfits would have been transferred as per DpE Guidelines.

In view of the above, i will advice you to obtain ''NoC'' from your present employer and then appear for interview.You shall have to take a very prudent decision on the matter to avoid future legal complications.It is a criminal offence to make untrue statements, while applying for a job or during interview.

VIVEK KUMAR (Bank)     04 December 2012

@Arun Kumar Maitra

Thanks Sir for your advice. So, does that mean if I am unable to get a NOC from my present employers, I won't be allowed for appearing in the interview?

prajanuranjan maharana (Software Engineer)     04 January 2013

Sir, I am working in a private organization and going to face an interview of a PSU in few days where i have to produce NOC during the interview.I just wanted to know that is it compulsory to obtain NOC, as my company is a private one?actually, i asked my HR for NOC. but he refused and told me that it is possible only after giving resignation. Please help me out.

Thanks and regards,

Prajanuranjan..

babuli0000 (CA)     29 April 2013

Dear Shahana and  Respected  Arun Sir,

I m working in a central  PSU. Inspite of mandatory NOC/applying through proper channel still I got GOI job not once but twice , I have also written everything about my present employment without hiding ? Can a GOI organisation has liberty to do so ?DoPT under RTI reply say NOC/ applying through proper channel is must. Looks suprising !

BUT my problem is different............

Pay protection without submitting NOC

I m  working in a PSU , applied a govt of India job directly and inspite of mandatory NOC they allowed me to appear interview, I was selected pre-joining formalites completed and appointment letter came with exact basic pay the r offering, I requested saying I m in a govt job, had mentioned that in application, we had discussion about my pay  during the interview, u completed all formalites without NOC and now when I ask for my pay protection u insist for NOC which I have shown inability from begining. How u look at this situation ? What advice will u give me ? I am intrested for the new job but losing pay by 30,000 as on date

aa   24 January 2017

Presently I am working as a Probationary Officer in a Public Sector Bank. 3-4 months ago (Sept-Oct'16), I was called for a Personal Interview as part of a rectt. exercise in a State Govt UT Organisation. The Regional Manager's office rejected my application, in spite of due recommendation from my branch incumbent. (They did not cite any reason, but verbally the HR's office said, as I did not get/request the NOC while applying for the position in that rectt. exercise, NOC cannot be granted) I made several appeals, but all in vain.
After that I made 3-4 applications in different Govt. Organisations/ PSU's and requested for NOC's, which were granted to me within 1-2 weeks of application.
Unfortunately, since last 30-40 days, I am receiving no replies to my letters requesting NOCs, and last dates of Online Form filling are passing by. (actually I apply for the NOC's atleast keeping 25-28 days in hand from the last date of application).
As far as I know, my branch gives me full clearance and recommendation for the applications, but the controlling authorities are not responding. Whenever I call them requesting the status, the behave rudely and disconnect the phone, as if I am irritating them by putting up NOC applications.(But actually I don't have a way).
Note: 1. I have no service bond, but have some security deposits with bank, which will get forfeited, if I leave job within 3 years. (I am ready to forego them).
2. My service regulation have not spared a single word guiding about applications for NOC's.
3. My appointment letter is also silent regarding NOC.

In this regard I have some doubts, which if cleared, will help me a lot;
a. Being a PROBATIONER, do I really need a NOC to apply for other PSU jobs? If not, what is the guideline.
b. When there is no hard and fast rules written in this regard (as far as internal circulars are concerned), can the authorities/ regional management continue to restrain me from attempting to applying for other PSU recruitment drives, without even replying my letters, or replying without citing any reason for rejection?
c. When I, as a general duty officer, put up my requests in front of my branch incumbent, and the machinery does not have any grievance redressal way out, for employees, which forum/ institution can help me in this regard? I've heard of CGAT (Central Administrative Tribunal), can that be the right institution in this regard, for redressal of complaints of PSU bank employees?
d. When I'm not receiving any reply from the authorities/ regional management of bank, can I move forward in filling online application forms, considering their 'silence as affirmation?'
e. If I move for CGAT/ any other legal platform, the machinery, to harass me atleast will definitely try to transfer to some odd place, so that I cannot fight the case. Can I get necessary immunity from the concerned legal body?
f. Can I use RTI anyway to ask for reason of non responsion / reason for rejection of a request?
g. If I apply now as a fresher in present/ upcoming recruitment drives of PSU's without declaring that  am working at a Public Sector Bank, and if get selected, in case of a dispute, can this be a defence: ' I applied for NOC's but my employer did not reply, so I couldn't submit NOC '.
Note: I'm putting my best efforts to collect receive copies of letters handed over to concerned people.
Expecting a simple and 'easy to understand' enlightenment.

manoj kumar (working in psu)     19 February 2017

Sir,

I am working in a psu company. My training is continue. During my  training period  I selected in another central/psu job. I alredy mention in application that I am working in psu. But my company refuse to give me noc. If I do not bring noc wheather  the new company do not allow me to attend interview ? Please help me.

(Guest)

As per terms of  recruitment in PSU/Govt./Semi-Govt. Organisation,you cannot appear for interview without NOC from your existing employer,if the said employer is also a PSU/Govt./Semi-Govt. Organisation.However, if you have failed to forward your application through proper channel,you may even bring a NOC from your existing employer and show the same at the time of interview.As per my advice,without NOC do not appear for interview in above type of organisations.If you appear,it will be treated as a breach of code of conduct of your existing employer and you may have to face the consequence for the same.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register