LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ambe Krishna   15 November 2018

Regarding election duty exemption

Sir, I am working under autonomous body of govt. I got election duty but already we have one National seminar on same dates and I m in the treasurer and organizer for that seminar, I have to be there in the seminar. Already tickets are booked and we can not change the dates of seminar as it was declared 8 months ago. I have all approvals regardin the seminar also, What should I do ?

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     15 November 2018

Inform to the electoral officer about your situation in writing.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 November 2018

You have not at all indicated whether it is officialseminar or or any Union/Association.

In PM you clarified that it is Union Seminar.

The seminar may either be held without you ornhot held unless Distt Election Officer is willing to spare you from service and passes an order in writing.

If not then you have to chose what is important for your the (i) the seminar ; or (ii) remaining in the job and out of jail.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 November 2018

Usually a communiqué is issued to hear and adrres such matters and name of official/authority/committee is announced………………e.g; Distt Election Officer/SDM/Tehsildar Elections/Collector…

Apparaise your authority/superiors in office and requwesat them to route to concerned authority/committee appointed by Govt/commission to hear and address such matters.

Inquire LOCALY and meet them and submit your version for a favorable decision and obtain copy and ask to update in computerized records also and to communicate to all concerned with a copy to you.

Maintain record/POD/acknowledgment of each transaction.

Although you seem to have a valid/convincing ground the decision is to be taken by concerned authorities and you must be awrae of such authority at your location.

Proceed carefully and avoid anything that can be termed ‘Misconduct’.

There are many threads at LCI on similar queries that you can SEARCH thru SEARCH option.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     17 November 2018

I tend to partially disagree with Mr Kumar Doab.

First of all your ground for exemption is not ery strong and convincing.

Secondly you do not have time to pass through course of through proper channel.

All thehelp thaty your deptt can do is to provide a substitute so that you could be easily exampted.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register