Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anand   25 February 2018

Regarding divorce and remarriage

Hi Everyone,

My name is Anand Beniwal and I'm a resident of New Delhi.

I have a query regarding divorce and remarriage.

This is regarding my personal life. I was in a relationship with a girl for the past two years. We both wanted to get married but due to family pressure my girlfriend could not marry me. She was forced to marry someone last month. Now she has gone to her husband's house and is very depressed. She wants to end that marriage and come back. Her parents are not going to support her but she really wants to end that marriage and wants to marry me. My parents will also not allow me to marry her but I still want to get married to her. Please suggest how shall we proceed with this legally.

Learning

4 Replies

Anand   25 February 2018

Is their any other legal way?

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     26 February 2018

The only legal way for the woman is either she seek annulment of marriage on the ground of her consent obtained for marriage by force or fraud by decree of nullity, this can be done immediately without wasting time, otherwise to seek dissolution of marriage by decree of divorce on the ground of cruelty, that can be done after one year of marriage.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     26 February 2018

Woman has to approach court for nulity of marriage or woman can file divorce on the ground of cruelty before court. If woman and her husband wants to get mutual consent divorce then they have to wait for one year. She can also have option to runaway if she wants. 

Your story reminds me Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam I wish husband is Ajay Devgan. 

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     26 February 2018

There is no legal way to proceed as of now. The girl cannot file for null and void on the ground of fraud or misrepresentation as it is not the girl's case that the husband has cheated her or obtained her consent by fraud. I would advise you to wait for sometime, have your girlfriend talk to her husband and get him to agree for a MCD.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register