Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

dip (Software Engineer)     26 September 2014

Regarding current experience and discussion with hr

Hello Experts,

From around 4 years I am working in industry.Previously I worked with 2 employers.I have all relieving letter and experience letter from my previous employers.

Now situation is below,

1.I have 1 year gap in my engineering in my first year.My duration of engineering is 2005-2010.

2But .while completing my employment form I put my duration as 2006-2010.

as I cleared my first year in 2006-2007,second year 2007-2008,third year 2008-2009,and BE 2009-2010

3.After discussion with HR in my current company they told me that degree duration  should be  2005-2010 instead of 2006-2010

4.But as I put duration 2006-2010 while completing all employment form with my previous organisations also,will this cause any issue.

5.Is there any cases if my previous employers   found such kind of mismatch  then experience from those employers becomes invalid and there will be no use of releving letter and experience letter in future.

6.Will this cause any issue with employment with my current employer also.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Learning

12 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     26 September 2014

You joined engineering studies in 2005. so the HR. Is right. However document this procedure - maybe send them an email referring to discussions.

Normally experience certificates only talk of tenure in their Company so that may not be a problem.

re problem with your present employer you have to sort out with them. Strictly speaking, you have lied and have been caught.

dip (Software Engineer)     26 September 2014

Hi Hardeep,

Thanks for your reply.

You stated that:

Normally experience certificates only talk of tenure in their Company so that may not be a problem

Mean there are also cases by which experience from previous employers becomes invalid.(Though you have relieving letter and experience certificate from them)

If so then at the time of employment with them why they did not ask me regarding same.

What was my mistake in this case.

Please suggest.

thanks,

Hardeep (Business)     27 September 2014

There are no hard and fast legal rules for giving references, experience certificates etc. AFAIK.

The mistake you have made is in omitting your gap year. Your previous employers didn't check or ignored it. That does not stop future ones from being more thorough.

How any employer views it at any time after recruitment is upto them. Most employers have terms in the offer letter that offer is subject to verification of claims made.

dip (Software Engineer)     27 September 2014

Thanks Hardeep, 

In short my experience from my previous employers will not cause any issue If my current employer terminates me because of this issue

while searching job again I am able to show experience of my previous jobs as I recently joined new organisation.

Am I right please correct me if I am wrong Thanks

dip (Software Engineer)     27 September 2014

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 September 2014

If the gap is due to some Exam drop/compartment/supplementary or just due to some oversight,……………………. that can be explained by you in person/ while filling the employment forms …………….even to past employers and you can request to update the records. If required you may submit attested copies of all years of degree.

The HR shall calculate from date of admission in 1st year to date of passing the final year exam…………….and may ask to explain the gap.

Why should employee be terminated until or unless there is a false declaration.

dip (Software Engineer)     28 September 2014

I already submitted all of my documents as it is while joining all organisations.

I shown my year gap always as 2005-2006.I never hided that.But only put duration 2006-2010 instaead of 2006-2010 .

But only problem whatever i explained in my previous reply.

So please suggest what actions need to take from my side at this time

is in this case experience from my last employers matters as i already have relieving letter and experience certificate moreover I am not part of my previous organisatons. 

dip (Software Engineer)     30 September 2014

Hello Expert,

Please suggest I am in big tension now.

Thanks

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 October 2014

Some employers ask to mention in which year admission was taken and in which year passed the qualification.

Evidently you have cleared the 1st year exam in 2006 and final year in 2010........................and you can explain that.

Beyond this there is nothing else to suggest.

You may wait for other experts to opine.  

dip (Software Engineer)     03 October 2014

Hello All,

I discussed same point with HR in my current organisation.

For this I send email regardinh this to  repective HR.

Hr answered me that this will not cause any issue in future,

But when I asked him to answer my mail he denied to do so.

Can u please suggest what should i do now.

thanks

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 October 2014

Last Reply

Some companies  provide employment forms that have very elaborate questionare e.g;

IN which year you started say B.E. 1st year and in which year you completed  B.E 4th year?

Some companies may ask duration of course!

It has already been discussed what could be your explanations.

More than that is your own outlook and your past/present employer's response.

If there are some amendments that you want to make: you can represent.

Otherwise employer's issue service certificate for tenure of service.

dip (Software Engineer)     24 October 2014

Hello All,

Thanks for your response.

I have iformed HR in my current organisation all things ,HR told me that there will not cause any issue.

I described all things in mail as it is,but HR avoided to respond my mail.
so i am afraiding as till now for each and every employer , I put my duration 2006-2010 instead of 2005-2010 ,will university takes any action on this.Please suggest

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register