LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Moon Light   13 January 2017

Regarding consumer protection act

In Nov Paytm is declared me as a winner of the lucky draw for iPad offer. Later asked me some documents which was sent them immediately. Later till date they are not responding my emails. Even I have called their customer care toll free number where IVR not have any option to speak with customer care person. 

Regarding this I have raised ticket in National Consumer Court. Initially they are rejecting to raised the complaint saying its free geeft and you can not logged the complaints against free gifts. I have insist them that I have buy something and then paytm declared me as winner as per their promotional advertising but now ther are neglecting me. Not giving me my winning gift as per their advertisement. Then the person logged my complaint but saying the same words.

After this I have gone through he consumer act 1986 article [https://ncdrc.nic.in/bare_acts/Consumer%20Protection%20Act-1986.html]. Where I found the below line.

"The offering of gifts, prizes or other items with the intention of not providing them as offered or creating impression that something is being given or offered free of charge when it is fully or partly covered by the amount charged in the transaction as a whole;"

Again I have explained this to National cnsumer agent then that person logged my complaint again. Later few days I called this forum to know the satstu then one lady again told me the same story & said You can not logged complaint against free gifts.

But As per the LAW act article its clearly mention if any company offered gifts, Prizes which will not providing then its come under the Consumer act.

I am seeking some help from you experts. What can I do in this case. Where to log the complaint and raise my voice. Please advice me.

Thanks In Advance,

Learning

4 Replies

HIRAL THAKKAR (ADVOCATE )     13 January 2017

File complaint before the District Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum at your nearest location.

Moon Light   13 January 2017

Thanks for your reply. From where I can find nearest consumer district forum address ?

Rasik Dagli (Proprietor)     13 January 2017

You can file complaint at your City. For purchasing item you must have paid by either netbanking or COD. You are therefore entitled to file Consumer Complaint in your City. Rasik Dagli Advocate

Rasik Dagli (Proprietor)     13 January 2017

You can file complaint at your City. For purchasing item you must have paid by either netbanking or COD. You are therefore entitled to file Consumer Complaint in your City. Rasik Dagli Advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register