LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Regarding civil suit

I am planning to file civil suit against police for illega detention by police which occur in 2014 September in 498 a case and during that I lost one job apportunity with 7 lakh s per month.now I am planning to file civil damage up-to 20 crores against police .here my question is 1) is there any time limit for civil suit 2) what is the procedding and how much court fees 3 ) like after issuing legal notice howmany days shall I wait 4) I need one good,efficient ,honesty lawyer in Hyderabad because I am in dubai and I can go everytime Please give suggestion in this issue and that is great helpful for me

Learning

3 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     08 December 2016

let me answer your questions is 1) is there any time limit for civil suit  A) YES THERE IS A TIME LIMIT FROM THE DATE OF CAUSE OF ACTION WHICH ACCORDING TO ME IS 3 YEARS

2) what is the procedding and how much court fees  First you have assess your damages and based on it you have to issue notice to the Dept. Court fees depends upon the amount you claim for example if the value of relief is Rs 3 lakhs the court fees is Rs 5426/-. If it exceeds 3 lakhs the court fees will be when the amount or value exceeds 3 lakhs for every 10,000 or part thereof in excess of 3 lakhs one Hundred Rupees.

3 ) like after issuing legal notice howmany days shall I wait: Generally in money recovery suits we give 15 days time. Since it is suit for damages, according to me one month period is required. Action lies only after 1 month.

4) I need one good,efficient ,honesty lawyer in Hyderabad because I am in dubai and I can go everytime.

I have suggestion for you instead of going for damages suit you can file writ petition in HC and seek compensation for your illegal detention. You can contact me for any legal help.

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Regarding-civil-suit-144970.asp

(Guest)
Sravan garu what is maximum amount can we ask through high court writ petition because I lost job offer 7 lakhs per month during that time .please give ur contact no

P. Venu (Advocate)     08 December 2016

A suit for damages lies only if the detention was illegal. Court fees varies from State to State. Section 80 Notice is mandatory if the State is also joined as a party.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register