Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kosal   03 February 2016

Regarding absolute sale deed

Sir,

My mother had bought a plot in jayanagar housing co op society in 1983 and took possession of the plot in 1985 on the basis of lease cum sale agreement and further in 1987 a conditional sale deed was made with a lock in period of 10 yrs...further rights to construct a house and mortgaging rights were given...however my mother due to her Ill health cud not procure an absolute sale agreement. Further she passed away in 1998 leaving behind a registered will and making me her legal heir...last week I got a call from the jayanagar housing co op society asking me to get a Xerox of all documents regarding the said property. Further he asked me to apply for an absolute sale deed and get the same registered by paying fees plus stamp duty  of 6.6% of the total value of property, I hv the following questions to ask you

1. Is an absolute sale deed required?

2. How much fees am I expected to pay?

3. What is the consequence of not making an absolute sale deed

Thank u in advance

Yours faithfully

Kosalram HN

Learning

5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     03 February 2016

your mother had purchased property through co op house bulg socty, now you have to pay the stamp duty and registration fees as prescribed in your state. the sale deed is absolutely required.  the stamp duty and registration fees are different from one state to another state and hence consult in registrar office of your area. as the document purchased through agreement, sale deed is must.

kosal   03 February 2016

Thank you for ur reply sir...much appreciated...Mr.kavksathyanarayana...

I stay in Bangalore, Karnataka

kosal   04 February 2016

Sir,

further to the above query, i have another doubt

How is the registration value and stamp duty calculated...specifically is it based on current market/guidance rate, or the year 1997-98 when the absolute sale deed was to be made

PS: I stay in bangalore, karnataka....

thanks in advance

Kosalram HN

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     04 February 2016

the market value shall be paid as on the date of presentation document as it is now being presented. for the rates of stamp duty and RF be obtained from the registrar office of your area.

kosal   05 February 2016

thank u for ur help once again sir,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register