LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ajay (SR Engineer)     21 May 2014

Reduction in stages of payscale

I am working in a public sector undertaking.
recently in a disciplinary proceeding i have been penalized by following penalty.
Below is the quote from DA order. 

Accordingly, considering the entire facts & circumstances of the case and other extenuating circumstances, i hereby impose the major penalty of " Reduction to three lower stage in the time-scale of pay for a period of two years, with a further direction that the officer would not earn increments of pay during the period of such reduction", as per clause 2.(a) of CDA rules upon the officer. accordingly officer's basic salary would be reduced from X/- to Y/- with immediate effect. 

penalty clause is:: A

(1) Minor penalty (V) reduction to a lower stage of pay with the period not exceeding three years without cumulative effect.

(2) Major Penalty (a) save as provided for case 1(V), reduction to any lower stage for a specified period with further direction that officer would earn increment or not, whether on expiry of such period, reduction will or will not have the effect of postponing the future increment of pay.

sir my basic pay before penalty was Rs X pm. how much my pay must be after period of 2 years. my HR is saying that your pay will be Y up to 2 years. than after 2 years it will start from Y only. pls clarify

whereas CCS says that reduction can not be on permanent basis

i am in deep confusion.

Learning

2 Replies

ajay (SR Engineer)     21 May 2014

i request you to experts, please reply me

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 May 2014

already replied at

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Reduction-in-pay-scale-102681.asp#.U33wTXb5vww

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register