Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nathan (Instructional Designer)     24 February 2015

Rectification deed

Respected Sir/Madam,

I invite your attention that I hold a property in Tamilnadu which was sale deeded for me on 23.05.2007. Due to incorrect measurement, I made a rectification deed on 31.05.2007 to correct the measurements. Now I came to know that the measurement mentioned in the rectification deed is also wrong.

Dimension

East to West

North to South

Total Area

Actual Dimension required (Correct Dimension as per previous parent document)

33 feet

40 feet

1320 Sq. feet.

Dimension mentioned in my sale deed (wrong dimension)

66 feet

20 feet

1320 Sq. feet

Dimension mentioned in rectification deed (wrong dimension):

20 feet

66 feet

1320 Sq. feet.

For the incorrectness, we both (myself and seller) agreed to do once again rectification deed (second time) for the same property.

I invite your attention that I hold a property in Tamilnadu which was sale deeded for me on 23.05.2007. Due to incorrect measurement, I made a rectification deed on 31.05.2007 to correct the measurements. Now I came to know that the measurement mentioned in the rectification deed is also wrong.

Dimension

East to West

North to South

Total Area

Actual Dimension required (Correct Dimension as per previous parent document)

33 feet

40 feet

1320 Sq. feet.

Dimension mentioned in my sale deed (wrong dimension)

66 feet

20 feet

1320 Sq. feet

Dimension mentioned in rectification deed (wrong dimension):

20 feet

66 feet

1320 Sq. feet.

For the incorrectness, we both (myself and seller) agreed to do once again rectification deed (second time) for the same property.

My queries are:

1. What is the exact stamp duty do I need to pay for the second rectification deed?
  2. Due to changes in the guideline value (From 2007 to 2012), is there any extra stamp duty do I need to pay for it?

Kindly, I request to quote the G.O's number or circular or standing order any reference for the exact stamp duty and extra stamp duty paying for the (second time) rectification deed.

Thanks and Regards,

Nathan

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     25 February 2015

Only a fixed fee is charged to the regd. Rectification deed.  Since already you have paid stamp duty to the main sale deed. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 March 2015

stamp duty is not payable once again except for the minor charges including the registration charges.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register