LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amitabha (creative head)     25 February 2015

Receiving ofspeed post with a/d by the authorized signatory

My hometown is in Kolkata. Due to my job maximum times I have to stay outside of my hometown. The issue is for receiving of Speed Post with A/D card on behalf of me.

Since I have to stay outside I had an authorization letter to receive registered letters/ Speed Posts, to my wife on behalf of me, duly accepted by my local Post Master 6 months back. Every thing was working fine during this tenure. The Peon used to deliver the registered letters addressed to me to my wife. But the problem aroused now i.e. after completion of the tenure.

My wife went to the local post office with a renewed authorization letter from me , my original Voter I Card, My original Pan Card to get it accepted by the Post Master. But the Post Master send her back without accepting my renewed authorization letter. He told that I have to go by person and make it done in front of him. After saying the Post Master that I stay outside of Kolkata the Post Master didn't show his ears into this matter and he refused to do it again.

Now the problem is that at present I stay at Durgapur and I work in a Private Organization where I am unable to get any holiday within a month and as such it is hardly possible for me to go in front of the Post Master.

Any one kindly suggest me what shall I do or where shall I complain against the activities of a Post Master.

Is it mandatory to be in person in front of Post Master to sign an authorization letter or there are any other means?

Thanks in advance.

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     26 February 2015

Hand over RTI Application seeking same information from Post Master at Durgapur.

Information solicited: Please provide me a copy of extract/procedure/rules & Regulations /laid down norms for delivery of Registered letters/Speed post etc., to authorised representative when addressee is not available at the station and can not collect from Post master"

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     26 February 2015

Yes, it is mandatory to be in person in front of Post Master to sign an authorization letter. 

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     26 February 2015

You can send the Letter of Authorisation addressed to the post master, attested by a notary at your place and send the Notice to him by speed post

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 March 2015

It is very simple and easily solvable. Just call on the post office in person one day, avail the facilities available without making a hue and cry over the petty issue. You cannot expect  an out of rule always from everyone, if one follows the rules strictly, you may honor him.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register