Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deodatta (Engineer)     10 August 2013

Received intimation 143(1)

Hi,

I received IT demand intimation 143 (1) for financial year 2011-12.

Form 26AS does not reflect amount for quarter 2 (July 2011 - Sep 2011) because I got my PAN card in Sep 2011

due to some technical issues. So I asked to pay outstanding Income Tax. In form 16 PART A tax is deducted for

quarter 2 but not reflected in 26AS due to PAN not available. So deductor has to file corrected e-TDS.

But is there any way to get credit for that quarter (ie to reflect it in 26AS) without filing corrected e-TDS, because corrected

TDS will be filed by deductor some time later. What if I did not pay outstanding Income Tax and deductor does

not file

corrected e-TDS? What action will be taken? Or do I need to pay the outstanding tax and when deductor will

file corrected TDS, I will get return?

Please help me on this.

Learning

3 Replies

Deodatta (Engineer)     12 August 2013

Can anyone please help on this??

M.V.GIRI (ADVOCATE & TAX CONSULTANT)     13 August 2013

You can file your original form 16 to the concerned jurisdictional income tax officer for rectification of the intimation u/s 143(1) of the IT Act. If the officer didnot do so you have to appraoch the deductor or you can file an appeal

Vallabh Parmar (Advocate)     22 August 2013

get TDS certificate from deductor  and file an application us 154 of I T Act before AO  who has jurisdiction over your   case along with a copy of TDS certificate and make a request to give credit as per TDS  certificate .Please note that you need not pay such demand as proper TDS is already made and because of some technical reason credit was not given but now credit can be given as mistake is apparent from record IN VIEW OF TDS CERTIFICATE now filed by vou

. Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register