LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rahul Verma (Data Entry Operator)     15 April 2014

Received copyright infringement email 4m nz based legal firm

Hi All. Last year I did a data entry project for a New Zealand based client. Surprisingly today I received an email from a New Zealand based legal firm (AJ Park Law and AJ Park Patent Attorneys) claiming that the work done by me was a copyright Infringement.

The legal firm is asking me to pay NZ$1500 as legal charges to their client and provide them with the contact details of the clients I work for.

What Should I do next? I don't want to share client's details as well.

I am residing in India and the legal firm is in Auckland. Can they be of any trouble if I don't pay them?

Learning

4 Replies

cyberlawyer (barrister)     18 April 2014

Beware that this may be a scam... 

Verify before you even reply them...

2 Like

Rahul Verma (Data Entry Operator)     18 April 2014

Respected Sir, Many thanks for your response! Initially I also thought that It can be a scam. but I have verified the authority of the legal firm. The firm that sent me notice is New Zealand's one of the most reputed legal firm. Its name is AJ Park. AJ Park has won many legal awards in NZ in past 5-6 years.

I want to know if they can really implement the copyright infringement charges on me. What if I don't reply to their emails and notices?

Nagaraja B S (Corporate Commercial & IP Lawyer)     23 April 2014

Rahul,

I can help you. You can send me email.

Regards,

Nagaraj

nagaraja_bs@iplexglobal.in

AV Bagur Advocate (Advocate )     11 October 2014

Without seeing the nature of data entry project carried out by you for your New Zealand based client, and nature of allegations against you, it will be difficult to make out that whether you have infringed any of the copy right laws or not.  

I would suggest that you should get in touch with some good  advocate specializing in IPR and Copy Right matters.  Otherwise, you will  become a victim of blackmail in respect of all your works in future too.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register