LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

samson daniel (webdeveloper)     27 April 2011

similar companies name fighting legal battle

My companies name is Shree Tours & Travels (I) Pvt Ltd and Established in the year 1979.

One company by the name of Shree Travels Pvt Ltd now claims that I should change my company’s name. His claim is he is loosing business.

I can see so many companies with the similar names and I never knew that some other company did exit with name of Shree. And my companies name has the word tour and we are IATA recognized they are not.

Can I know similar companies names fighting such legal battle? And what are the solutions?

Learning

1 Replies

Rohit Shrivastava (Manager)     27 April 2011

Dear samson,

It's a very common problem. 

I would suggest following steps:

1) Get the information of Shree Travels Pvt Ltd fromROC website and try to know their activities, year of incorporation etc. This will help you to evealuate the situation and reply them.

2) Make a search in the Trademark registray, if they have obtained trademark of the same name or not. If you have already registraed trademark, then it will strengthen your position. 

3) If you have not applied for Trademark then apply for Trademark of you name ASAP.

4) A strong reply should be sent to the Shree Travels Pvt Ltd that your company is lossing business beacuse of them or your business is different from theirs etc. The reply shall be bsed after knowing the whole situation.

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register