Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shubhra (owner)     30 March 2011

punjab & haryana rent act, tenant eviction,

Sir/ Ma'am
Pertaining to Punjab and Haryana.
I am landlord and filed eviction petition against my tenant in a shop in 2001.
The tenant filed an application under order 1 rule 10 for impleading other co-owners.
The rent agreement is between the tenant and me only.
He has been giving me rent since 1989 and from 2001 in court.
The application of 1 10 was dismissed by the rent controller in year 2009 and no appeal or revision was filed by the tenant against this order so this has become final.
Grounds of eviction were
1. Material Impairment of the value of building as the tenant has encroached front 5 feet teh bazari land and raised wall and affixed shutter thus encroaching about 150 sq feet of govt. land. And installing shutter 5 feet ahead of the actual property has stopped the light air to enter the demised premises.
2. Tenant having sufficient accommodation. Te tenant purchased a 4-5 times bigger shop with right of roof in year 1995 that is 6 years after obtaining tenancy of the shop from us. WE have proved this from sale deed, registrar, municipal committee etc and he has also admitted having the shop. In the response to this ground he said he had taken this shop as a godown. He has another godown as per his sales tax vat records on rent. The property purchased by him clearly mentioned as shop in the sale deed in favor of the tenant. In Haryana rent act this ground is available for only residential properties. But we have taken ground that vide order of honorable supreme court of India the Residential and commercial properties has come at par.
The rent controlled allowed our petition and tenant has appealed in the sessions.
In sessions the tenant says that
1. In the rent agreement we had allowed him to do minor changed and affix shutter. But the fact is we allowed him to put the shutter on the demised premises and not after encroaching the 5 feet municipal land on a nallah.
2. In support of our ground number two we put a citation. In which the rent controller had turned down but the high appellate and high court had allowed on the ground that the tenant has acquired sufficient accommodation and thus ordered ev iction. The tenant argued that since the these powers of ordering eviction are excersised by the High court. The rent controller could not have used the same powers.
Please advise about your views on this case.

Learning

4 Replies

Raj kumar (Manager)     24 August 2011

I think your grounds are perfectly legal-encroachment on municipal land without your permission and affixing shutter as the MC can demolish the encroachment and materially impair your building. Even in Haryana Rent Act if the tenant has acquired a property and given it on rent, he is liable to be evicted.The rent Controller is also authorized to evict a tenant-not the High Court only.

Adv B.B.Gambhir #9814820602 (advocate)     12 May 2012

agreed with Mr. Raj Kumar

jiten   07 July 2015

Respected Sir,

My mother is having a shop at her name in Haryana. My uncle is using our Shop (shot is at my mother name and she is alive also) since year 2002, there is no rent agreement or any formal document related rent, we allowed him to use that on good will he has also two shops adjacent to our shop. My mother is now asking him to vacate the shop so my younger brother can open some business there in that Shop. Just wanted to know how much critical the issue is and we file the case how long it will take? what should be the process to start this legal thing.

Regards

jitender

jiten   23 July 2015

Pls some body reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register