Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RestofIndia (self)     25 July 2014

Re-issue of Passport with Corrected wife's name / assumed wife is incorrect and current wife has filed for divorce

Applicant is seeking re-issue of corrected Passport which is pending for re-issue due to reference for Policy Act case no Title Suite 07/13 in family court, Patna where assumed wife is incorrect and legally wedded wife has filed for Divorce with fake charges on Applicant. Applicant admits that there been a mistake on the part of applicant by entering the name of Richa as wife under anticipation in the year 2004 during the course of reissue of replacement Passport at RPO, Patna. Applicant visited RPO Patna on multiple occasions and tried to correct this mistake in a natural way and was responded by concerned RPO Patna department to produce a death certificate or divorce certificate. The department of RPO Patna also responded to take no action unless a death certificate or divorce certificate is produced. Applicant would like to ask and question if there is absolutely no way of correcting a mistake that just happened once in assumption and is getting prolonged and dragged for which there is really no other proof in any part of the world that Richa was really married to Applicant. Applicant is also ready to pay any fee / fine for conducting a thorough investigation whether assumed wife Richa actually existed in any relationship with Applicant.

Passport fact file:

1. That original Passport AXXXXXXX was issued on 20/02/1998 from Bangalore as unmarried under the Name Applicant. This passport was valid until 19/02/2018 and was somehow misplaced and was untraceable by applicant. Applicant reapplied for passport in the year 2004 and was granted a replacement passport EXXXXXXX on 17/08/2004 from RPO, Patna valid until 19/02/2008. In this Passport wife name Richa Kumar was added. Applicant would like to know the documents required and documents submitted in the year 2004 under the Passport Act of Indian Union as a proof of Richa as wife in the replacement Passport.

2. That applicant again reapplied for Passport in the year 2007. Applicant was issued a replacement Passport GXXXXXXX on 26/10/2007 from RPO, Patna with Richa Raushan as wife. Applicant would like to know the documents required and documents submitted in the year 2007 under the Passport act of Indian Union as a proof of Richa as wife. Applicant would also like to know documents required and documents submitted in the year 2007 as a proof of change of title for Richa from Richa Kumar to Richa Raushan in the case of assumed wife.

3. That Applicants brother was issued similarly Passport Number EXXXXXXX on 20/08/2002 from Patna as marital status single. Again during the re-issue of Passport Number KXXXXXXX, he was requested all possible documents along with Marriage certificate.

4. That applicant admits that there been a mistake on the part of applicant by entering the name of Richa as wife under anticipation in the year 2004 during the course of reissue of replacement Passport. Applicant visited RPO Patna on multiple occasions and tried to correct this mistake in a natural way and was responded by concerned RPO Patna department to produce a death certificate or divorce certificate. The department of RPO Patna also responded to take no action unless a death certificate or divorce certificate is produced. Applicant would like to ask and question if there is absolutely no way of correcting a mistake that just happened once in assumption and is getting prolonged and dragged for which there is really no other proof in any part of the world that Richa was really married to Applicant. Applicant is also ready to pay any fee / fine for conducting a thorough investigation whether assumed wife Richa actually existed in any relationship with Applicant.

5. That applicant’s legally wedded wife and also a witness to Title Suite 07/13 has filed for divorce under Matrimonial Case No. 837 / 2013 and Complaint Case No. 3667/C/2013. Applicants wife and father in law have refused to co-operate to be a witness any longer as if they were ignorant of the Case No. 748/2012 and Title Suite 07/2013.

Please review and include them as it is necessary. Please email your response to me also.

Learning

5 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     26 July 2014

Actually what is your brief all about, I could not get it!

If you wrongfully fill up Name of wife column and that person is not your wife then it is natural that RPO will ask for proof to delete entry.

If there is typing error of spouse (wife) name then that can be corrected again by producing documents as proof.

Clarify to me what is your query by answering below question;

-      Is Richa Kumar your legally wedded wife or is there typing mistake of RPO by mentioning in Passport legal weded wife’s name as Richa Raushan?

stanley (Freedom)     26 July 2014

I presume as the wife has filed for divorce the author of this post does not want the wifes name which is already in his  passport . 

Hence the passport office is asking for a death or a divorce certificate to remove the name . As the divorce proceedings are going and in the absence of any divorce decree he is unable to submit the same and get her name removed. 

RestofIndia (self)     26 July 2014

Facts:

1. I got my first Passport issued from Bangalore in 1998 as single valid until 2018.

2. I applied for replacement Passport due to lost Passport in year 2004 and entered by mistake Richa Kumar as wife. Marriage talks were going on and under wrong thought entered her name as I was to rush to abroad placement quickly. Under circumstances beyond my control marriage with Richa Kumar did not materialize and Passport was issued with Richa Kumar as wife. This mess was created because RPO, Patna in 2004 did not required any marital proof. I kept on persuading to correct  my own mistake and RPO, Patna sticked to the requirement of Divorce / Death Certificate for correcting small mistake.

3. I re-applied for Passport in year 2007 under my modified last name. Again RPO, Patna did not agree to remove Richa Kumar and instead requested me to change assumed wife's surname without any proof.

4. Upon marriage in year 2012, I somehow created courage to fight it out legally with RPO, Patna under case No. 748/2012 in family court (lower court), Patna to correct wife's name from Richa Raushan to Nidhee Priyadarshinee. I had my wife and father-in-law as witness for the case all throughout. Lower court rejected in April 2013, and again re-admitted in July 2013 for recommendation from High Court, Patna under Title Suite 07/2013.

5. In between my wife made multiple attempts to extract money from me to be on the side of facts for bribing her brothers. After a tolerance, I stopped financing and consequently she filed Divorce and  498A.

6. Now, I am subjected to withdraw wife/father-in-law as witnesses and hearing process is continuing.

7. I am out of job because I am not able to produce Passport required by Employer. Legal Advice Please first on Passport Title Suite 07/2013.

Thanks.

RestofIndia (self)     13 August 2014

Please go through all comments and in the end -  I am out of job because I am not able to produce Passport required by Employer. Title Suite 07/2013 in Civil Court has again no principle judge in family court, Civil Court, Patna. This is about 3rd time Judge is transferred/vacant in about year and half.

Can I use this a ground to taking up this law suite to higher court i.e. High Court Patna?

Thanks,

Arvind

RestofIndia (self)     16 August 2014

Answer to: Clarify to me what is your query by answering below question;

-      Is Richa Kumar your legally wedded wife or is there typing mistake of RPO by mentioning in Passport legal weded wife’s name as Richa Raushan?

++++++++

Richa be it Richa Kumar or Richa Raushan, is not my legally wedded wife. Richa be it Richa Kumar or Richa Raushan is assumed wife because her name appears unders spouse's name in approved Passport both in 2004 and again in 2007. I admit my mistake that I entered Richa in manual application form in year 2004 and again in year 2007.

Marriage talks were on while applying for Passport in 2004 but marriage did not happen and Passport was approved / arrived even without submitting any marriage document. Again in year 2007, RPO did not agree to erase Richa as wife because RPO required Divorce or Death Certificate.

Suggestions please 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register