LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mario   17 July 2017

Re- election of executive committee in a society

Dear Experts, the executive committee elections of a registered building welfare association was not carried out on expiry of the previous committee. Can you please tell me what option the members of the association have? Do they have to file a society O.P in court?

Learning

9 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     18 July 2017

You give a written  complaint to coperative court that elections to executive committee/Managing committee are due and the old  members of elected Managingcommittee  tern has expired and hence new elections may be conducyed according to section 152 A of cooperative  societies Act of Maharashtra..

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 July 2017

The members initiate steps to convene a general body to discuss and decide the issue.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     18 July 2017

If your society is in Maharashtra, you can approach the Dy. Registrar of Co-operative Housing Societies of your area/zone and file a complaint as per Appendix 28 of the Model Bye-Laws of CHS.

Kishor Mehta

Mario   18 July 2017

Dear Experts, Thank You for your valuable advice. I apologize for not stating earlier that the society is in Hyderabad,Telangana.

Mario   18 July 2017

Dear Experts, Thank You for your valuable advice. I apologize for not stating earlier that the society is in Hyderabad,Telangana.

Mario   18 July 2017

Mario   18 July 2017

Mario   18 July 2017

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     19 July 2017

I differ with the experts opinion as the author has stated the executive committee of "registered BUILDING WELFARE ASSOCIATION" and not Managing Committee of Cooperative Housing Society. Both of them are governed by different Acts i.e., Societies Registration Act, 1860 and State (Telengana) Cooperative Socieities Act.

Approach Registrar Firms and Societies Telengana at Hydrabad through a local lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register