LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

han (ceo)     19 March 2011

Certified Copy of Sale Deed

hi im han just wanted to clear one doubt that my frnd had !!?? he misplaced  his original sale  deed of his house in 1990 so he took a certified copy of the sale deed from the registar office in hyderabad AP in 1990 now he want to gift this house  to his son in law but his lawyer has told him that he can gift it and get it registred in hyderabad AP with this 1990 cetified copy of sale deed but his son in law cant sell the house till 13 years from the registration date of the gift deed as its done with a certified copy of sale deed??? so all u people is it true that if u dont have the original sale deed and only have a cetified copy of the sale deed and gift that house usin that certified sale deed the person who is gettin the gift cant sell the house for the next 13 years??????

Learning

5 Replies

Bayya Reddy (Legal executive )     19 March 2011

Dear Hen,

the advocate has advised to you under Limitation Act, it is true but to be on safer side you can lodge a police complaint with jurisdictional police and the copy of the same should submit in the Office of the jurisdictional Sub-Registrar.

pratik (self working)     20 March 2011

But as per whic section or case laws it has been said that

" if u dont have the original sale deed and only have a cetified copy of the sale deed and gift that house usin that certified sale deed the person who is gettin the gift cant sell the house for the next 13 years??????

Thanks

CASE LAWS  REQUIRED ?

han (ceo)     20 March 2011

hi all my doubt is if  a  gift deed of a house is made with certified copy of sale deed can the person getting the gift sell part/whole house without any problems  or does he have to wait for 13 years to sell the housse?? the certified copy of sale deed was taken after making a police complaint and issueing a public notice in the paper.

han (ceo)     20 March 2011

hi all my doubt is if  a  gift deed of a house is made with certified copy of sale deed can the person getting the gift sell part/whole house without any problems  or does he have to wait for 13 years to sell the housse?? the certified copy of sale deed was taken after making a police complaint and issueing a public notice in the paper. for loss of original sale deed in 1990

Advocate Rajiv Mishra (advocate)     21 March 2011

as  far as my knowledge, there is nothing in law to wait for 13 or any time period.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register