Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lina abood (bussiness)     11 February 2010

can you advice me please

DEAR SIR,
I WANT TO BUY AGRI LAND AT BARODA .I AM FROM MUMBAI.THE SELLER SAID THE LAND UNDER NOTIFY IT MEANS AS HE TOLD ME  IT CAN BE CONVERTED IN N. A.LAND.
IN CASE IT IS POSSIABLE HOW MUCH IT WILL COST ME TO CONVERTED IT IS ABOUT [[3.2 ACRES]]
PLEASE ADVICE
PLUS WHAT WILL BE THE OTHER EXPENCESES LIKE FOR REGISTRATION AND OTHER FORMALITIES?

Learning

2 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     13 February 2010

I found this news item in Business Standard.

Cos need not wait for NA certificate to start projects

Kalpesh Damor / Mumbai/ Ahmedabad July 08, 2008, 0:14 IST

Gujarat govt to grant 'deemed NA' status for land used in IT, biotech, agro and food processing projects.

Acquisition of agriculture land for IT, biotech as well as agro and food processing activities has been made hassle-free in Gujarat. Now, corporates or individuals need not wait for NA permission to start their projects.

In a move to speed up implementation of projects in these sectors, Gujarat government through its notification has decided accord "deemed NA" status to agriculture land purchased by any corporate or individual for industrial activities in IT, biotech as well as agro and food processing sectors.

Simply put companies starting projects in these three areas need not wait for NA certificate to start their projects and can furnish the same within a stipulate period.

Conversion of agriculture land to non agriculture (NA) is mandatory for undertaking any industrial activities. The "deemed NA" permission means that agriculture land acquired for any project will be treated as having NA (or NA will be given to such land).

Industry groups or individuals have to go through tedious bureaucratic process to get NA permission, which involves obtaining no-objection certificates from 12 different government departments.

Often this prolonged process results into delays in project implementations. With a view to encouraging investments in IT, biotech, agro and food processing sectors, the state government has decided to give deemed NA permission for agriculture land acquired by any individual or company or industry group to start industrial activities in these three sectors, government sources explained. District collectors have been empowered to give deemed NA permission to projects with ‘bonafide industrial purpose'.

Companies in the IT, biotech, agro and food processing sectors had requested the government to consider their projects as ‘industrial activities under section 65 (Kh) of Land Revenue Act 1879'.

A notification from state revenue department states, "In case where a business group, individual or company purchases agriculture land for information technology, biotechnology, agro and food processing projects or related activities, the land should be considered as that for industrial purpose under section 48 and 65 (Kh) of Land Revenue Act-1979 and district collectors will be required to give deemed NA permission to land acquired for such projects."

However, government sources say projects getting deemed NA status shall have to obtain NA permission in due course of time.

2 Like

Siva (Consultant)     22 January 2011

Dear Mr. Prakash,

Is that the same procedure follows in Tamil Nadu as well?

If so, can you pls send  me the TN-Land Revenue Act?

Thanks in advance!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register