LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PAWAN KUMAR (backend executive)     17 January 2010

Want add surname with name

my name is pawan Kumar. I want to add surname with my name. Actually I want to surname "Pawan Giri" instead of "Pawan Kumar". Please suggest me how much expenses & procedure.

Learning

7 Replies

Gulshan Tanwar (Advocate)     17 January 2010

Dear Pawan,

Just visit the court and buy a stamp paper of Rs.10 and then make the statement regarding the change of name and then attest it with the Oath Commissioner and then also to publish in two dailies and from the time of publication, your name will be changed. Also dont think to publish it only in one newspaper, as it will of no use to you i.e. atleast in two papers, the publication is required.

rajnish dahiya (Infra-Developer)     11 February 2010

Hi guys, I also have similar problem. Currently I have no official surname (due to my parent's and teacher's mistake) but I am dying to have one. Please help me out with the procedure for adding my surname to my currently official name.

Mohammad Haider (HEAD- LEGAL AND REGULATORY)     11 February 2010

Out of the Two Newspapers, one newspaper has to be a vernacular.....

Let me simplify my question!!

Just for qadding my surname to my already existing, Do i have to go through the same bureacratic steps as for changing whole name or part of it. Please give me an answer only if u know for sure

Originally posted by :rajnish dahiya
"

Sorry for spamming, but I am not sure whether I posted or not.

Let me simplify my question!!
Just for adding my surname to my already existing, Do i have to go through the same bureacratic steps as for changing whole name or part of it. Please give me an answer only if u know for sure.

"

Thanujan (Admn Manager)     13 July 2012

Hello! Sir,

My name is Thanujan. this name is mentioned in all the school documents and in bank account & LIC. After I got service in 2003. Due to diffident I add sur name as Nair  after my name without consulting anybody. Nobody in family member of father side write this surname. They never write surname also.

Now after getting job I mentioned my name as "Thanujan Nair" in EPF, ESIC, Pan Card and also I opened bank account + LIC Policy, in this name.

My question is  how shoulld I go, what to do, what is the procedure about my name Thanujan Nair instead of Thanujan remain legally forever. Kindly suggest me.

Thanujan (Admn Manager)     24 July 2012

Hello! Sir,

My name is Thanujan. this name is mentioned in all the school documents and in bank account & LIC. After I got service in 2003. Due to diffident I add sur name as Nair  after my name without consulting anybody. Nobody in family member of father side write this surname. They never write surname also.

Now after getting job I mentioned my name as "Thanujan Nair" in EPF, ESIC, Pan Card and also I opened bank account + LIC Policy, in this name.

My question is  how shoulld I go, what to do, what is the procedure about my name Thanujan Nair instead of Thanujan remain legally forever. Kindly suggest me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register