Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

AbyChan (Student)     26 February 2012

To divorce or not to divorce

Hello,

I am a foreigner married to an indian wife, but my marriage is not consumated, i.e. she is still a virgin.

She is in India, while I am overseas.

My wife is threatening me to file for divorce, alimony and maintenance till she re-marries (perhaps never - which means I will pay maintenance forever). She is well educated (has a Masters degree), but unemployed at this time.

One lawyer told me that I should divorce her and give her the divorce and 3 months maintenance for iddat period, and she will not be able to claim maintenance after the divorce.

Another lawyer told me that I should wait for her to divorce me, and claim in my defence that the marriage is null and void because the marriage is not consummated.

Can anyone please help/advise me which course of action should I take?

Please help,

Aby Chan.

Learning

6 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     26 February 2012

file a divorce petition

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     26 February 2012

YOU DO NOT PROCEED.

Moh Law protects husband compared to Hindu MA

1 Like

MADURAI LAWYER (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     26 February 2012

Dear Sir,

Since I need some more details from you, I cannot render proper legal advice to you without those details.

Kindly feel free to speak to me on +91 9842197857  to get proper legal advice in your case.

https://www.jeevaganadvocate.com/

(Guest)
Originally posted by :V R SHROFF
"
YOU DO NOT PROCEED.

Moh Law protects husband compared to Hindu MA
"

Shroff sir,

can you please Eloborate...............

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     27 February 2012

If you are muslim both advice are not proper , since once married you have to maintain her.

Morever there is no protection from other woman related laws TO ANY MUSLIM HUSBAND.  TAKE CARE.

V R SHROFF (Sr. ADVOCATE Bombay High Court Mob: 9892432152)     28 February 2012

Zameer, advisor in wh feild?? If advo, u do'nt need elaboration, u or Querist can read in between the lines. Forum read by all; One cannot dsclose everything. He becomes liable for communal also!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register