LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Avantika K (House wife)     27 March 2012

School admission

I've been separated from my husband ever since my son's birth....its been 3 years now and I've tried to contact my Husband to  get the issues sorted out...but every time I have tried to contact my mother in law kept telling me that my husband does not live there and she does not know anyone by that name so not to call...now my son is 3 years old and need to get him an admission in school for junior kg...but since his father is not present and neither are his signatures the school is rejecting the admission...Need expert advice as to how can I get my son admission in any school whether in India or Abroad, without my husband's signature, as I'm really tired and frustrated tracing my husband...the reason we split one is interference of third party in our relation and second becoz of petty issues after marriage....!! if any more info needed will be provided...but really need expert advice as I have had a bad experience with lawyers...so please no more...only serious and genuine lawyers reply...Thanks and Sorry if offended anyone..

Learning

3 Replies

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     27 March 2012

sorry to know ur experience.

i dont think absence of his signature shud create any admission problems.rather its unethical on their part.

so many couples get separated,and live in differebnt towns/countries.does it mean that their children never get school admissions,and sit at home all their life?

try telling school that u r separated.maybe they understand and cooperate..

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     27 March 2012

Complaint against the school management to DIOS of concerned district, where the school, denying the admission,is situated. If DIOS does not react, you may  file suit for mandatory inunction against DIOS.

If you have to admit them in primary standard person, denying the admission may be punished under Right to Education Act.

You can file a guardianship suit and may publish summon in news paper and if court appoint you natural guardian of the child, nobody can stop you from obtaining any relief.

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     27 March 2012

I agree with Mr. Arvind.  Further I add that if you are living in state capital, write a complaint to directorate of school education against the school and file a writ petition in High Court making both directorate of school education as well as school as parties.  It will give you immediate relief.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register