Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

frustratedhusband (test)     01 April 2012

Requesting suggestion on how to approach for divorce

Hello,

Married to money/self oriented girl. Having qualification more than me.

I got married almost 1 year back and it was arranged marriage. Our commitment stayed for more than a year before marriage. It was good time except 1-2 occassion regarding the things to be done during marriage. My in laws didn't want to give anything to her daughter in marriage. But due to social pressure from our side, we asked them to give something. They gave some household things during marriage but on marriage day her relatives again & again told my parents that we have given so many things in marriage to you. According to their society's rule, we gave them 5k during marriage which they earlier told that will give back. But they didn't give back later on. So, there was some bad feeling in both parent's mind.

On the day, when they came to our house, quarrel happened between my relatives & hers.

Keeping this in back of her mind, my in laws started pouring bad things about us in my wife's ears.

After marriage, my parents wanted her to stay at our house so that she can learn things(cooking & all, I was staying in a differnt state). She called her parents and started crying that she doesn't want to stay.

Later on she stayed for 1 week at my parent's home but during those days, everyday she used to quarrel with me saying you left me here like naukrani and u enjoying there.

She started harrassing me from that time onwards. After coming to place where I work, she didn't even talk to my parents. She took back any money she has spent on her/houselhod things, even some 20-30 rs. also.

Everyday she talked to her mother for half hour. More than with me everyday.
After 6 months or so she got a job. I was not agreed with her to take job as it was not related to her qualificatin. She told me she wants to earn money. After her job started, much worst period of my life started.

She always tells me that I got tired of work. After sometime, she had to go to hospital and there was 10-20k around bill. I was not having money at that time as I was saving money for taking the house. Though I told her that you have good enough amount in your account. This time you spend it. I used to pay for everything she wanted. Her bike, its petrol, all household things, rent, her beauty parlor everything. If sometimes, she spent any money, she took it back from me saying I am your responsibility you should spend money, so give my money back. Manytimes she told me that I'll go to my parent's house and will give u divorce.

Later on, she started ignoring going to my homeplace. Always she started to tell that my boss is not giving me any leave. We din't go to homeplace at rakhi, our first diwali also.

When she used to talk to my parents and if my parents/sisters asked her hw is job search going on. She used to quarrel saying that your relatives are money minded.

Around 3 months back, she went to our hometown (we are from same place). I told her to go to my homeplace, but she told that I will not go. Started telling that I am afraid that your parent will kill me. But she didn't go to my place. I stopped picking her phone for 1 whole day.

She called my friends (she wanted to book tickets for coming back that is why she was calling me). I talked to her on my friend's cell. During call she threatened me saying that I will not keep a foot in your homeplace. I am taking kasam same to my mother that I will not put a foot at your homeplace. I and my parents are going to lawyers and now will see eachother in court.  I will come back there with my father and will take all my luggage and will go and stay with my friend. Her mother also threatened to give divorce.

On the second day, she didn't pick my phone. So, I thought she is firm on her decision.
I told my parents what happened. They were very shocked to hear this.

When she came back, she came alone. So, I told her that you threatened me so please shift to other place as you said. She told I have no place to stay. I left that house and started staying at my friend's place. I took the jewellery that we gave to her and gave things that she/her parents gave to me.

For one week, we talked on phone and everytime she told bad thing about me, my parents, my sisters.When we met her & her parents. She talked very mannerlessly to my father.
 She wanted to stay at that place and wanted me to pay rent of that place (I had to pay rent for staying at my friend's house also). I told her to find another place as she was staying alone here by herself, also landlord din't know her and would not let her live there alone. landlord doesn't know her at all.

Her parents came and take her to other place in same city. She din't tell me where is she staying. She took two wheeler with her.

After one week, she posted on FaceBook that she watched movie and enjoyed good food. I felt very bad that she is enjoying the separation.

Now, we have decided to give divorce to her.

Please advice me how to approach for it.

Learning

23 Replies

**Victim** (job)     01 April 2012

I went through your story although i am not an expert or lawyer but one thing i can say that you have already invited 498 (a) my friend. Are you aware of dowry law ? Taking dowry or giving dowry is both against the law. Besides that from reading your entire story i can say that there is a big difference in both of yours qualification. She seems to be more educated than you are and lady wants to live according to her standards. I don't see any compatibility between you either you make yourself capable and then think of your marriage. Your entire threads is full of "GIVE & TAKE" my question to you is what is important things  ? or your relationship ? Although you have decided to give her divorce are you aware of consequences ? My friend you are standing in the verge of giving divorce in situation where you yourself don't have money to pay hospital bill do you think you will be able to pay alimony or maintenance ? You think divorce is easy to get nowadays.........think of it.........wait till what experts has to say ?

Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     01 April 2012

you are one of the very a few people, who speak very honestly and from bottom of heart.

you and your wife, both are major and earning good, but in real terms are totally immature. 

Standing from your side look towards things, every thing what you did was correct.

Standing from her side look towards things, every thing what she did was correct.

only the element that is missing between the estranged couple is adjustment.  Both are more emotional and less rational causing misery to both of you.

Adding this is immatured interference of her mother, who does not know "a....b......c...." of solving the minor problems in young couple.

Find a very good and intelligent and world-wise old man and both take advise /counselling from him, you both will be the happiest couple in the world in a few months.

wish both of you very bright future. 

Kishtaiah (Advocate)     01 April 2012

Ld friend Chandu ji sounds good.  You better have well wishers intereference who can yield good influence on your in-laws dear frustrated hubby.  It is not a rule that wife should agree with husband or husband alone agree with wife.  Just agree with each other care for each other and turn unreasonable into reasonable thinking with the help of elders and well wishers.  So far as divorce and legal action, wait it can be looked into.

Hello Mr. victim,

The things that we asked were just household things. we didn't ask for any money. I am ready to give it back to her parents but they are not willing to take it back now. Though my wife is more educated than me, I am earning more compared to her. I did all kinds of arrangement for her in the house of our workplace but she wanted things similar to her maternal home like what her mother had done at her home. 

Her father is henpecked to her mother and I think her mother also wanted my wife to do so with me.

For the past 1 year, I used to make her understand importance of marriage but she didn't want to understand this. She just wanted the things to happen her way only. She wanted me to do what she wants to do. It didn't matter to her whether I am happy or not.

Hello Mr. victim,

just to add one more thing. these things are pretty normal to give in our caste.

Thank you all for your replies.

Since last three months, I couldn't see any change in her behavior.
 Later she has started saying me that she wanted to stay with me but things should be similar to what was earlier. Same unusual wishes of her.

Regarding that money thing she used to take back from me. I talked with ther parents reg. this and in front of me they told her that she should not do so. After coming back, she told me she'll do whatever she wants to do and doesn't bother what her parents told her to make her understand. She quarreled with me for spending some money on buying gift for my newly born nephew and other, the amount was not more than 1k. I used to take her in every good restaurants in here(we are staying in metro city). Every weekend we used to go outside to eat. I gave expensive gifts to her also. But all went in vain as she told her parents that he is not spending money on me.

I arranged a very beautiful and good honeymoon to make her happy. But later on she told me that you also liked to go such places that's why you have spent money in honeymoon, you also came to honeymoon not only me. You also came to those restuarants, I didn't go alone. What I did was just to make her happy. 

The hospital bills that came were sudden. During that month I was not having enough money in my account so I told her to give. And there were three installments for her treatment. I gave first one.

What many things a wife would expect to do ?

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     02 April 2012

Sit across and talk.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

**Victim** (job)     02 April 2012

After reading your second post I think you have done everything wht husband should do if ur inlaws are giving u legal threats then u should act wisely and keep a mediator who can cool down everything between u guys trust me seeking divorce in india comes with lots of dilemma it's easy to get it only if wife wants it else we end up several years in courts

Kishtaiah (Advocate)     04 April 2012

Dear... find your forbearance and hold until you can..... until your hope vanishes, if you otherwise like your wife except this bullying.... When your patience and liking is eaten away by this unbecoming behaviour of your wife, when bitterness is likely to be refengish... all likely if it continues..... better go in for mutual consent divorce... bye... good luck.

frustratedhusband (test)     04 April 2012

Hello Mr. Kishtaiah,

Thank you for your advice. I don't see my good future with her. One cannot change a person's greed for money I think. I think it is better to file go for separation than staying together.

The only thing worries me is how would be my future if she'll not change at all.

Kishtaiah (Advocate)     05 April 2012

Then its ok. you consult a good lawyer near you and file for separation/divorce and restitution you seem to be ruling out.  And do it before she files 498A IPC. Bye good luck

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     05 April 2012

get in touch with an effective advocate and file for divorce without any further delay, if all other avenues are exhuasted.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

frustratedhusband (test)     07 April 2012

Me & my family had discussn with her family today. When i askd her 2 gve back my vehcle whch is n my name her relatve threatnd me 2 go to womens cel and complain saying m dng mental harasmnt 2 her

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     08 April 2012

Tough words, bitter feelings, lack of understanding and immaturity to deal with each other spoiled your relationship with your wife, like it happens in many other cases which unnecessarily end up in courts increasing the load on judges and judiciary.  Sometimes more than "agreeing" it is important to have maturity to "agree to agree or disagree on issues" that concern us or create conflict with each other.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register