Share on Email

Share More

john (builder)     31 July 2008

Question regarding property

The answer was in another topic.

Learning

4 Replies

arunprakaash.m. (advocate)     31 July 2008

Normally release deed must be registered. In case release deed is given within the family need not be registered. In your case you defend your case by saying that release deed has not been obtained  by free consent.

john (builder)     31 July 2008

The answer is posted in another topic.

Guest (n/a)     01 August 2008

My father purchased a plot of land on Govt.lease with his own earnings on basis of a refugee certificate which was in my grandfathers name and all my grandfathers children who were majors.. The land was offered by the Government of India at concessional rates to people displaced from pakistan . Is this considered to be ancestral property or self acquired property. Can my father make a will  favouring his own son or other children of my grandfathr too have a right to the property ?

Rama Murthy R V (Service)     02 August 2008

Ms.Kalyani,

You have not mentioned when was the property was purchased? Were you in possession of the property and any developments made? Do you have a sale deed execuved by the Competent Authority or Lease Deed ? Since the land belongs to Govt.  if it is on lease it cannot be treated as acestral property and one need to examine the conveyance deed (sale Deed or Lease Deed) what are rights transferred to your Grandfather at the time of purchase by your father's earnings.

regards,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register