Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dipen Chatterjee (Law Firm)     30 March 2009

Proprietorship Law Firm / Query

Dear Friends,

I intend to set up my law firm on a proprietorship basis. However I would like to know how shall I get my proprietorship firm registered. I have my Bar Council Enrollment. So does my firm require any registration like trade license registration with the municipal authority, or any other form of enrollment with the Bar Council.

Please do let me know the modus operandi to implement the same.

Regards,

Dipen

Learning

4 Replies

Ashey   31 March 2009

Limited Liability Partnership ACt .. LLP

BHANU RASPUTRA (ADVOCATE & SOLICITOR divyatta.r@gmail.com)     16 April 2009

YOU HAVE NOT TO REGISTER  ANY WHERE. U HAVE ALRADY ENROLLED INDIVIDUALLY WITH BAR COUNSIL IS ENOUGH.

YOUR INCOME  WILL BE CALCULATED UNDER BUSINESS AND PROFESSION AND YUO HAVE TO KEEP ACCOUNTS OF EVERY CLIENTS . INCOME NAD EXPENDITURE FOR THE CLIENTS RELATED MATTER.

U HAVE TO KEEP ACCOUNTS RELATED TO  YUOR OFFICE EXPENSES SUCH AS OFFICE STAFF , XREOX MACHINE , PRINTER , INTERNATE CHAREGE , PHONE ETCC.

PROPERITORSHIP MEAN ONE PERSON BY HIS OWN NMAE OR  IF U R naming your propertor other then y r name then u have to account seperately and as aforesaid  to maintain accounts.

varun & co (law)     09 September 2009

suppose your firm name is 

Dipen Chatterjee & co.

if you want to work solely then no need to register it...

but if you want to appoint staff , lawyers and other members with full office set up then ....

1. make an affidavit declaring you as a sole prop. and your co. as sole prop. law frm.

2. get a certificate from your CA

3. take a phone (govt.) connection , electricity bill , rent agreement / ownership papers of office property.

4. your address proof and identity proofs

5. take all these doccuments and open a  current account in nationalised bank in your firms name...

thats it your office is ready............ go ahead...........

but dont forget to send my consultation fee...................hahahah

if you want me to done all this for you then contact me : varun_var@hotmail.com 

Vivek Kumar Singh (Proprietor)     17 February 2011

According to the Bar Council of India Rules-You having passed out of Law Course need to register with any of the 'State' Bar Councils and thereafter open your Sole Proprietorship Law Firm.However for a Partnership Law Firm all the partners must be Advocates and this needs to be registered.Your Proprietorship firm is at will and this is the best suited mode of business it needs no registration. All the best.

Adv Vivek.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register