Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh R (Consultant)     27 June 2011

Property bought from Partnership firm

Hello Sir,

I recently booked an apartment. The builder has aquired power of attorney from a partnership firm and has gone ahead with registration. The building itself is nearing completion. The partnership firm was originally registered under the names of three sons in 1960. But the current partners are the 1st son and his wife.

We now got a Court Notice from the Legal Heir of the last partner who retired from the firm in 1987 (This partner died in 2007). We are not sure whether the builder has the retirement deed and settlement deed for the 3rd partner.

In the year 2006, the builder has also given a public notice saying that he wants to buy this peace of land and that the sale certificate issued by the Goverment is lost. But no one has claimed it then.

My understanding is that the existing partners of the partnership firm should resolve this
with the claimant and should not involve the apartment owners. Is this not right? and Can I approach a consumer court to get my name off this case?

I have posted the same question before but this question came to my mind just now. So I am raising it again. Apologies.

Learning

2 Replies

ADV Rajesh KASRIJA (ADVOCATE)     28 June 2011

ATTA CHAKKI WELFARE SOCIETY PUNJAB VS. STATE OF PUNJAB DATE OF DISPOSAL IS MY 23 2003 PLZ SEND ME LINK OR PDF THKS IN ADVANCE RAJESH KASRIJA

Rajesh R (Consultant)     01 July 2011

Sorry, I don't have the link of the previous post. I don't have any PDF either. Thank you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register