Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pearl (Ms)     28 June 2011

Power of Attorney

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please excuse my ignorance, but could someone please advise and help me understand.

If I give someone power of attorney to sell my property (in Kerala) what is involved in that.

What are the step involved for the individual, how do they insure that no cheating occurs.

Thanking you in advance.

Pearl.

Learning

4 Replies

Darshan Panchal (Advocate)     28 June 2011

u can give specific power of attorney to sell ur property which will automatically expire after the property has been sold by the power holder. Don't give general power of attorney since u will hv to give a public notice to cancel the same. Also, if u wish u can include clauses like presenting the document for registration, and other procedures in revenue offices. There is no chance of cheating in specific power of attorney since it comes to an end when the specipic purpose is achived.

Debajit (Student)     10 July 2011

If I may be permitted to put a supplementary question to the query asked-

If a person is given a general power of attorney for a piece of vacant land and he subsequently builds a house on it, does it mean that the original owner can take that away any time he pleases?

Also, if a situation for compensation (say, from the government) arises, then who is entitled to the same?

P V Namjoshi (pvnamjoshi@gmail.com)     16 July 2011

Please go through the provisions of Sec. 33 of the Registration Act and the Power of Attorney Act. 

P V Namjoshi (pvnamjoshi@gmail.com)     16 July 2011

Also go through Sec. 85 of the Act. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register