LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Soma (ta)     30 August 2011

Ni act 138

A mutual divorce has been filled by my sister-in-lawfor which she has demanded 5 lakhs.We have alreday paid her 2.5 lakh.But for the rest 2.5 lakh a post dated cheque was issued with a condition that when divorce will be done she will encash it.But the divorce was not done on the said date and we had done a stop payment.Now is is telling that she will file NI act 138.How valid is this law in our case.Please help us.

Learning

10 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     30 August 2011

Before filing NI Act case, it is necessary to issue notice to you.  If she issued notice then reply her in detail

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     30 August 2011

EVEN BEFORE THE DRAWEE SERVE ON YOU THE SATUTORY NOTICE, BETTER YOU ASK THROUGH LEGAL NOTICE TO RETURN THE P.D CHQ UNCONDITONALLY .

bhavin (ADVOCATE)     30 August 2011

no need to worry, as per the facts of your case it does not attract section 138 of The N.I. Act.

Advocate M.Bhadra   30 August 2011

To file a case u/sec.138 N.I.Act, it is mandatory to issue a legal notice,let then to issue a notice.otherwise you should try to divorce on mutual consent and pay by bank draft only.

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     30 August 2011

Never make the mistake of replying any NI 138 notice which means you admit cheque. Instead sent prior notice before presentation of cheque as suggested above.

Soma (ta)     30 August 2011

The girl has alreday issued a legal notice that if teh money is not paid within 15 days she will be filling a case u/sec.138.I am really confused what to do.Should we send her any communication regarding this in detail?

akash kapoor (*************)     30 August 2011

THE CONDITION OF DELIVERY OF NEGOTIABLE INSTRUMENT IS NOT FULFILED, THUS YOU NEED NOT TO WORY, TAKE A GOOD LAWYER.

REGARDS,

AKASH

ashok kumar singh (Advocate)     31 August 2011

agree with expert opinion, thanks

Akhilesh Maurya (Private legal practice)     31 August 2011

in your case you have done a right thing by giving application of stop payment you are on the top case u/s 138 NI Act does not stands against you

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     01 September 2011

NI 138, on stop payment on non fulfillment of condition

The correct process had been to give them a notice and then simultenously go for stop payment.

The alibi can be they were informed in the presence of two witness, as you are not so well versed with law.

Don't ya worry.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register