LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BHARATI MITRA (ES)     04 April 2012

New law for women

Govt is passing new law favouring women - she will get equal share of husband's property on divorce.  If she wants to dissolve the marriage on harrassment she can get the divorce without giving any proof of harrassment - IS THIS JUSTIFIED - IST IT NOT CONTRADICTING 'RCR'.  If the lady is a con-women will she also get equal share in husband's property - IS THIS JUSTICE.

Isnt it that Govt is going against the Institution of Marriage because if this becomes the LAW of the Land then no men will ever wish to get married and face the brunt of the marital life.  Why for few bad people the entire men faternity should be punished.

The new Law says that if the husband files a divorce case the wife has the right to refuse - there is ambiquity in this because it is not mentioned that if the wife files a divorce does the husband has the right to refuse the divorce - THIS SHOULD ALSO BE CONSIDERED.  IF NOT THEN THIS AGAIN GOING AGAINST THE 'RCR'

It is said in Law that "NO INNOCENT SHOULD BE PUNISHED" then isnt it that the Consitution of Law is contradicting its own principle.  IS THIS JUSTIFIED - EVERY CITIZEN IS EQUAL BEFORE THE LAW OF THE LAND then why this special treatment to WOMEN/WIVES without even giving TRIAL to the MEN/HUSBANDS

MEN PLEASE WAKE UP BEFORE THIS COMES AND TOUCHES YOU

Learning

3 Replies

revolutionary (NA)     04 April 2012

Dear Mitra

The same issues have been raised by various people in various threads and surprisingly there have been comments from fellow members actually supporting the law. But simply speaking, I think the things would get really bad for men before they start getting any better. Women have a proper lobby additional and get of support due to vote bank politics.

There is no leadership as like women's movement has and without that random people trying to make an uncordinated effort is not going to result to anything. There would not be any men, who would on a call go out together in hundreds to give a dharna outside the house of the women who have been filing false cases. I know the questions would be raised in terms of how to confrm if the guy has actually not been abusive may be he has and no one would want to support the wrong cause. But then that doesnt stop women and their women groups to go and slander and give dharnas in front of guys house irrespective of whatever the truth be.

I can just imagine if there is really a cordinated movement and the guys kind of get together and decide enough is enough and we would actuallu not take these biased laws sitting down, we can get together and make a difference. Start a proper lobby, some of the guys are senior people and well to do proffessionals as well. Think what a huge difference they would make if they all got together. Even the lawyer fraternty is primarily male dominated and yet males suffer, this would give a clear idea of how fragmented this male soceity is.  Just imagine from the judges, to police , to policians doc, lawyes, accountants.....everywhere you would have a higher ratio of men and if everyone comes together and agrees not to let any women file false cases and take recourse to gender biased laws, then there is no way possible for the men to suffer. Even at the end, politicians are after votes and money. So why cant we come together and play the same game with the same rules and lobby with the govt. I know it seems all surreal and whimsical, but then I sure among these LCI members there would be lot of people who may think my way and would want to make a difference. A journey of thousand miles start with a single step....

rajiv_lodha (zz)     04 April 2012

DISCUSSED IN LENGTH IN MANY THREADS ALREADY.............................RATHER THAN STARTING NEW ONE, PUT OUR HEADS DOWN THERE!

BHARATI MITRA (ES)     10 April 2012

Dear Revolutionary & Rajiv

If nothing is done immediately then we see very bad days for institution of marriage and men fraternity.  People will go for live-inrelationship rather than marrying if there is inequality before Law.  Can we not file a PIL against this BILL from men fraternity.  Why should good husbands suffer for few bad men.  It should be on cas-to-case basis and not gender biased.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register