Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

deepak (Leader)     16 October 2011

Need advice on mutation

Hi,

I'm staying in current property for last 20 years. This property was purchased by my father and in terms of documents I just have agreement to sell. My father expired 17 years ago. I am not sure if mutation has been done but I am getting house-tax bills in the name of my mother as she had applied for mutation but I couldn't find any document affirming that. (As far as I know, mutation process was not complete due to some partial payment of dues). Now I have 2 options: (1) Apply for mutation freshly (2) Use RTI to get file opened and complete that process.

Since mutation was applied in 89, I doubt if RTI will be useful. I've 2 queries:

Q1. Which of aforesaid option should I go for?

Q2. Will mutation be sufficient enough for title? I do not have sale deed neither is builder alive so registry seems not doable.

please advise.

Learning

3 Replies

aruntrivedi (lawyer)     16 October 2011

get a search report from Registrar of Assurances also ask for copy of papers under RI Act with Municipal authority for changing name in tax bills after gtg all these I shall be able to give you further advise.

deepak (Leader)     16 October 2011

Originally posted by :aruntrivedi
"
get a search report from Registrar of Assurances also ask for copy of papers under RI Act with Municipal authority for changing name in tax bills after gtg all these I shall be able to give you further advise.
"

Thanks for the reply Sir. I didn't get first part of your suggestion - "Search report from Registrar of Assurances". Highly Appreciated, if you could please provide a bit more details on this.

For later part, I'll surely get that done. I was kid then hence not sure  what all happened. In files, I could find a paper from MCD stating "Mutation has been allowed, subject to clearance of dues" which was paid in chunks. I could find receipt of around 70% dues but nothing after that that except for bills coming in my mohter's name. Neither there is any mutation paper nor the receipt of last payment. With some info from relatives who helped my mom, they told me that some issue happened and mutation process was not fully through.

I'll apply for RTI to get file opened. I didn't do it yet, as I was scared if doing so can make my case a good chance for MCD to create problems and reap benefits out of it.

thanks Sir.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     17 October 2011

Dear Deepak

You can file an application Under RTI and asked the authorities to procedure of mutation regarding this matter, and consult an advocate with all the hard copies of all the documents for best advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register