Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dimple (Asst. Manager- HR)     05 August 2011

Mou for redevelopment of society

Hi,

Our society had entered into an MOU with a builder/developer for redevelopment  of our society, despite written objection from many members. Almost 2 years have elapsed since the signing of MOU. No transaction has taken place between the society and the builder/developer till date. I would like to know whether the MOU is still valid.

Kindly advise.

Learning

5 Replies

Advocate Rajkumarlaxman (Advocacy)     06 August 2011

You have to go through the MOU clauses for that as to what is the time specified if any or the val;idity of the MOU extends to what extent. it depends solsly on the clauses of the MOU

1 Like

girish shringi (advocate)     06 August 2011

I am agree with Rajkumarlaxman.

Alonwith it if the objection was there for the MOU,then how did society made the same without consensus,because in the societies it is a general practice that they call the General Meeting & taking the members in to the confidence,then  & then only they proceed.

Girish Shringi

(Advocate)

1 Like

Dimple (Asst. Manager- HR)     06 August 2011

Dear Mr. Rajkumarlaxman,

at the outset I would like to genuinely thank you for a wonderful opinion to my query. However, as per your suggestion I have again gone through the MOU and have found that there is a statement saying, " a development agreement shall be entered into by the society within 45 days of the signing of MOU". I would also like to mention that the MOU was dated January 2009. Could you please advise further if this MOU still stands valid.

Thanks a ton in anticipation.

Dear Mr. Girish,

thank you so much for your opinion. Could you let me konw if such an MOU was signed without the consensus of the society members, then is it valid.

thank you in anticipation...

Dear Mr. Girish,

thank you so much for your opinion. Could you let me konw if such an MOU was signed without the consensus of the society members, then is it valid.

thank you in anticipation...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register