Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sameen raza (TEACHER)     27 February 2012

Marriage

Hi,

I am a  muslim who is going to get married to a hindu .Though we will  be first  registering our marriage under special marriage act but to save my father from public disgrace we will be doing a false nikah without conversion at my parents place where muslim community will be invited.

1..Now will  this false nikah affect my future married life in any way ?  and

2.If later on anyone comes to know about this false nikah  ,can it be misused  against my father?.If yes then can there be anything which we can do to make it more soundproof.

Learning

3 Replies

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     27 February 2012

I am a Muslim who is going to get married to a Hindu. Though we will be first registering our marriage under Special Marriage Act but to save my father from public disgrace we will be doing a false nikah without conversion at my parents place where muslim community will be invited.

-: "we will be first registering our marriage under special marriage act" - This will be your first marriage and valid marriage. You will be govern by the SMA.

1. Now will this false nikah affect my future married life in any way?

-: It depends upon the girl's attitude.

At the time of 'nikaha' the girl has to be converted into Islam. Do not hide this fact, to the girl before marriage. If you hide this before the girl, the marriage may suffer and attract the provisions of force and fraud under SMA, and subject to void.

Your Impression is wrong. 'nikaha' can not be done between two parties where one is hindu. Conversion is a must for such marriages. Even otherwise it will not be a valid mohamedan marriage. It is very clear before all mohamedans concerned.  If she not converted it will not be a mohamedan marriage.

Change of religion by force or fraud is a punishable offence, under IPC also. I am afraid that the girl may face force and fraud at the time of 'nikaha'. A mohamedan may marry a person - who is not a worshiper of fire and idoll. Hindu is worshiper of fire and idoll both, according to mohamedan religion.

Non worshiper of fire and doll means who are jews and Christians. They may marry a mohamedan without conversion.

After special marriage act, with the full consent of girl ( means without force or fraud), you may 'nikaha' her once again. It will not be illegal.

2. If later on anyone comes to know about this false nikah  ,can it be misused  against my father?.If yes then can there be anything which we can do to make it more soundproof.

-: yes you are right. Problem may come from the girl and her parents, not from your relatives.

At the time of 'nikaha' the girl has to be converted into Islam. Do not hide this fact, to the girl before marriage. If you hide this before the girl, the marriage may suffer and attract the provisions of force and fraud under sma, and subject to void.

I am afraid that my answer may not happy you, still then answering to avoid future problems.

(Guest)

Hats off Arup Sir !

“At the time of 'nikah' the girl has to be converted into Islam. Do not hide this fact, to the girl before marriage. If you hide this before the girl, the marriage may suffer and attract the provisions of force and fraud under SMA, and subject to void.”

Yes Nikah is Valid under Islam, if Muslim marries to Abrahimic Religious group i.e. Christian or Jewish, Later she must be aware of all happening and before consummating marriage she has to embrace Islam.

In your case if anyone comes to know they can face Fraud,

So it is better to convert her to Muslim or tell the community about your “Karma”

This is reality of today’s Mankind, they afraid of Society & People More than a God.  Let me remind, to author..

“Every human being has to Face Lord one day...”

sameen raza (TEACHER)     29 February 2012

hi

Thank you for your reply.

There is one  point i forget to tell you.

1.That the girl is a muslim and the boy is a hindu.I do not want the boy to convert..cause conversion under compulsion is wrong ..the boy is a non practicing hindu..he does not believe in idol worship..so can nikah still take place?

2.I have waited for 7 years for my father's approval.Now the only way left for me is performing this false nikah

Kindly help me with this...Is thre any solution for safeguarding my father's image and protecting my future married life?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register