LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Advocate & Consumer Rights)     24 April 2011

Lokpal Bill Committee

There is a raging debate happening online regarding the Lokpal Bill Draft Committee

·        Hazare's fast-unto-death is seen as agenda of the Hindutva groups to hit back at the graft-hit Congress. His unsolicited praise of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has only confirmed civil society's apprehensions of him being a RSS's mascot. Even the use of a picture of Bharat Mata in the backdrop was constructed as an indication his ideological leaning: extreme right. Some have raised doubts about his credentials of being a true Gandhian.

·        Arvind Kejriwal has been named as a CIA agent; the confirmation of it is the fact that Ford Foundation funds his NGO, Parivartan. That is not true as the support comes from the Tata Group and Infosys Foundation. The conflict of interest issue against IITain Kejriwal is that he will discuss the bill with Finance minister Pranab Mukherjee, his wife's big boss who is an Indian Revenue Service officer; most damaging of all that he draws salary from government of India after five years of his tendering resignation from Indian Revenue Services. Kejriwal clarifies that he has not drawn any salary or reported for work since 2003. "My resignation from the service has still not been accepted by the government, but I am out of it for once and all," he says. Some interesting suggestions also have come up in discussions like Lokpal and Lok Ayuktas in the states should have a 24X7 call centres.

·        Why only these five of which two from the same family? Shanthi Bhusan and Prashant Bhusan are they alone the legal luminaries.

·        Why no representation from rural areas, of women and schedule caste and tribes.

Learning

8 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     24 April 2011

I am least bother with the drafting committee members, as we are not concern with the drafting members but the bill to be efflorescent into Act, and  as long as those tainted members does not become a part of the Lokpal Institutions like Chairperson and those ten members of the Lokpal. I have strong faith in those selection committee as per the Draft Lokpal Bill.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     24 April 2011

WE ARE SEEING MR HAZARE'S ACTIVITIES LAST 20 YEARS.

BASICALLY HE IS NOT A POLITICIAN, SOCIAL WORKER. MEGHA PATKAR WAS HIS CO SOCIAL WORKER.

REG NANENDRA MODI, ANNA JI CLARIFY  HIMSELF. PEOPLE ACCEPTED IT.

" Arvind Kejriwal has been named as a CIA agent"

Arvind Kejriwal IS A PROMINANT RTI ACTIVIST.

IT SEEMS TO ME THAT YOU ARE AGENT OF AMAR SINGH & THE GROUP.

1 Like

M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Advocate & Consumer Rights)     24 April 2011

In many of the issues emotional feelings are dominating, rather than the legal issue.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     24 April 2011

WHERE IS YOUR LEGAL ISSUES MR PERUMAL?

" Arvind Kejriwal has been named as a CIA agent" ---     IS IT YOUR LEGAL ISSUE?

swayamjeet sharma (law)     24 April 2011

dont try to divert citizens mind from lokpal bill by askng reservation n family members or aythng else,let anna decide...already he had done so many things for humanity....before telling aything jst try to knw abt anna Mr.PERUMAL

M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Advocate & Consumer Rights)     25 April 2011

Blind horses

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     25 April 2011

WHO?

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     27 May 2011

ha...  ha...  ha...

84 % in favour of judiciary under lokpal bill.

as on date.

are all of them blind horses?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register