LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

intexsuperb (-)     26 June 2011

How much tax I should pay??

hello sir!!   Consider i am having a property (land) of government value 20,00,000 (20 lakhs). now i am selling that land for 1,00,00,000 (1 crore)

1. Shud i pay any tax for that to make whole money into white money???  if so, how much???

2. if i wont pay the tax , how much money is considered as white money in that 1 crore???

3. can i store whole 1 crore in the bank without paying any taxes?? or can i store only 20 lakhs???

plzzzzz replyyyyyy

Learning

7 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     26 June 2011

If you invest the money immediately in capital gain schemes you will get exemption.  To claculate the tax information given by you is not sufficient.

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     26 June 2011

read the below thread to understand and calculate your Capital Gains liability

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Re-Tax-Treatment-39191.asp

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     26 June 2011

once you get the amount of capital gain using the details in link above you will need to invest only the amount you arrived as above in a approved scheme within the specified time and your tax would be saved.

Arvind Sharma (Article)     26 June 2011

Details you provided is not suffic, still rply to your query will be as below:-

Originally posted by :intexsuperb
"

hello sir!!   Consider i am having a property (land) of government value 20,00,000 (20 lakhs). now i am selling that land for 1,00,00,000 (1 crore)

1. Shud i pay any tax for that to make whole money into white money???  if so, how much???
Yes, you have to pay Capital Gain Tax. That will be equal to that 1 Cr as reduced by Indexed COA.

2. if i wont pay the tax , how much money is considered as white money in that 1 crore???
If you dont pay tax, on scruteney assessment under Income Tax Act, you will imposed 100 to 300% penalty of tax. 

3. can i store whole 1 crore in the bank without paying any taxes?? or can i store only 20 lakhs???
Ya, you can keep this sale consideration anywhere after paying tax. I will not advice you where to keep wiout paying tax...

plzzzzz replyyyyyy

"

Hope you have understood...

Jopat Omprakash Radheshyam (Proprietor)     29 June 2011

YOUR CASE COMES UNDER THE PERVIEW OF SECTION 54F OF THE INCOME TAX ACT,1961.TO PROCEED WITH THE CALCULATION YOU HAVE NOT GIVEN THE COST OF AQUISITION , DATE THEREOF, PROBABLE DATE OF SALE,YOUR PROPOSITION FOR PERMISSIBLE INVESTMENTS.  THEN ONLY THE CALCULATION CAN BE PROCEEDED WITH

Amit Soni (Proprietor)     06 July 2011

Send me the details on my email id, i will compute the capital gain & tax there on. And also suggest you how to reduce the amount of tax up to 0.

The details requird-

Descripttion of property. (Land/ house/ Plot)

Purchase date + date of any improvement you made on this property.

Purchase cost.

Sale Date (completion of sale)

Sale consideration.

Amit Soni (Proprietor)     06 July 2011

also describe whether it is agriculture land or diverted land or urban land.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register