LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahadevan (General Manager Operations)     27 August 2009

Heirship & Share Details

Hi, my father died without writing a will.  Now my mother claims to sell the property my father had in his name.  Legal heirs are myself, my mom and 2 elder sisters.  Kindly let us know the answers for the following questions:

1. Who are the Legal heirs on the First Level?

2. What are the documents required to sell the property?

3. What are the documents in which we need to sign in order to sell the property?

4. Does I have the right to claim the properties owned by my mother?

5. What is the procedures to obtain details on the Bank Account details in which my father had an Pension Account?

Kindly let me know the details.

Regards,

Mahadevan

Learning

1 Replies

ANAYARA RK JAYAN (licensed document writer)     28 August 2009

1. your mother, your two sisters,yourself and if the mother of your father is alive She will also a legal hire. Moreover, if any adopted person/s,legally wedded second wife and the children will also be LEGAL HEIRS.

2. title deed,tax receipts of both landed property and building,death certificate of your father,legal heirship certificate/succession cetificate,measured plan of the property, ID cards, photographs,witnesses,valuation certificate,non attachment certificate,non-encumbrence certificate,boundaries of the property,passage clerence etc...

3. same as 2

4. in order to her ambition. She has only one equal share over the total property. she can gift/settle/release her share to you if she desires.

by               anayararkjayan@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register