Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajashree (Teacher)     06 November 2011

Harassment by husband

Dear Lawyers.

My name is rajashree staying at Karnataka.  I am a teacher by profession and married to a teacher who is my husband.  I am being tortured physically and mentally by my husband.  I have been subjected to mental harrasment and cruelty by my husband.  I have been assaulted fatally by my husband many a times.  However, the police authorities are in hand in gloves with my husband.  He pays them bribe and he goes scot free.  I have also approached NGO in Karnataka but to no help.  He threatens me with dire consequences to my life.  I am been living in fear of being eliminated.  He is a politically influential person and brings influences on any authority including Police hence I am been a subject of target.  I have no help from any one I am with my daughter and I apprehend that he would cause harm to my daughter as well.

Last time when I was assaulted I had filed a complaint against my husband and a FIR was registered with Honnavar Police Station.  However after Investigation the Investigation agencies had prepared a B summary report and has given clean chit to my husband.  I doubt that he has paid some bribe for the said report.

In addition to that I have filed a Divorce proceedings under section 13(b) of the Hindu marriage Act.  It is apprehended that he has many a time hit me in public place and my school which pertains to be my work place.

No action has been taken against him.  Due to his abusing me in the school and assaulting me in the school my school has initiated a departmental inquiry against me.  

I am trying very hard to make both ends meet.  He has exhausted me financially also.

Kindly help me and give me advise to seek justice from the corrupt system.

Regards

Rajashreee

Learning

7 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     06 November 2011

It is difficult to managed with the corrupot systems, but stand firm with your Divorce proceedings and put forth all those incidents in the divorce proceedings in the court to substantite your case. I am wondering whether the head of your School has gone mad too. Somebody assaulted a teacher in the School and the School authority in spite of taking action against such offender initiated departmental proceedings against the teacher. May be this is the first of its kind of departmental procedings in the Country in Educational Institutions.

jaykumtekar (Legal Advisor)     06 November 2011

I thank you sir for your advise.  I seek more help.  Kindly give me some details about any NGO who can take up my case.  I will be really indebted to you throughout my life as I have to take care of my young daughter

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     06 November 2011

If you are from Karnataka, why dont you try with the following NGOs in KARNATAKA

Community Health Centre (CHC) 
Address: No 367, Srinivasa Nilaya, Jakkasandra 1 Main, 1 Block, Koramangala, Bangalore 560 034, Karnataka, India 
Phone: 91-80-2546 1920
Email: sochara@vsnl.com
Contact person: Dr Thelma Narayan 
Profile: Works with women affected by HIV/AIDS, mostly at the intervention level. Also has a well-stacked library 

Freedom Foundation 
Address: Site No 30, Survey No 17/2, Hennur Village Post, Hennur Bande, Bangalore 560 043, Karnataka, India 
Phone: 91-80-2544 0134/2544 0135 
Email: drnirmala@yahoo.com 
Contact person: Dr Nirmala
Profile: Awaited

Karnataka Network of Positive People (KNP+) 
Address: 113,1st Floor, 15th Cross, 8th Main, Wilson Garden, Bangalore, Karnataka, India 
Phone: 91-80-2212 0409
Email: knpplus@hotmail.com , asharamiah@hotmail.com 
Contact person: Elango Ramchandar, Asha Ramiah
Profile: A network of HIV+ persons involved in counselling, forming self-help and support groups, information dissemination, advocacy and referral services 

Karnataka State AIDS Control Society 
Address: No. 4/13-1, Crescent Road, High Grounds, Bangalore 560 001, Karnataka, India 
Phone: 91-80-2220 1438
Email: sacs_karnataka@nacoindia.org
Contact person: Vandana Gurnani 
Profile: Government AIDS programme implementation agency at the state level

Mahila Samakhya 
Address: No 68, 1st Cross, 2nd Main, HAL 3rd Stage, Near New Thippasandra Main Road, Bangalore 560 075, Karnataka, India 
Phone: 91-80-2572 7471, 2526 2988
Email: samakhya@vsnl.net
Contact person: Suchitra Vedanth 
Profile: An autonomous registered society set up under a Department of Education programme, Ministry of Human Resource Development. Large-scale programme linking literacy with women's empowerment. Provides support services and support centres to HIV+ women 

Samraksha 
Address: No 522, 2nd Floor, Block 5, Ranka Park Apartments 4, 5 and 6, Lalbaugh Road, Bangalore 560 022, Karnataka, India 
Phone: 91-80-2212 2492/3 
Email: samraksha@vsnl.net.in/si@samraksha.org
Contact person: Sanghamitra Iyengar
Profile: Activities include education, working with s*x workers, counselling, support, care, information and documentation and a 'well woman clinic' 

Society for People's Action for Development (SPAD) 
Address: Flat No 1-13, Orient Manor, 15, Highstreet, Cooke Town, Frazer Town Post, Bangalore 560 005, Karnataka, India 
Phone: 91-80-2547 1680 
Email: spadorg@satyam.net.in
Contact person: Augustine C Kaunds 
Profile: Works with truckers and commercial s*x workers in Bangalore. Main area of work is around the highway areas in Bangalore 

Vimochana 
Address: No 33/1-9, Thyagaraja Layout, Jai Bharat Nagar, Maruthi Seva Nagar PO, Bangalore 560 033, Karnataka, India 
Phone: 91-80-2549 2781/2549 2783 
Email: awhrci@vsnl.com
Contact person: Madhu Bhushan 
Profile: A forum for women's rights. Activities include: Angala (a women's courtyard), Streelekha (a feminist bookplace), AWHRC (network of women's and human rights groups), Women in Black for peace, marital violence and vocational training

jaykumtekar (Legal Advisor)     06 November 2011

I thank you sir I will be definitely contacting them and then will revert back to you.

Regards

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     06 November 2011

It is hard to manage the corrupt system. Let us stand firm in your divorce proceeding under section 13(b) of HMA to make your ground firm as your husband has done cruelty publicly and made all the present staffs of incidence as witnness and made their deposition in open court. Above all you can directly contact to supremecourt and highcourt directly in this regard about aforementioned cruelty.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     24 November 2011

By the way, if your husband a Govt employee?

jaykumtekar (Legal Advisor)     26 November 2011

Yes he is also a teacher.  But he is influencing all the staff and BDO and other authorities.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register