Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sunny Jain (Self employed)     15 October 2010

HOW TO ADD MAPS IN A REG DEED

HI,

i RECENTLY BOUGHT A PROPERTY IN KOLKATA WHERE I AND MY LAWYER COMMITED A BLUNDER BY NOT ATTACHING THE MAP OF THE LAND BEING PURCHASED AND THERE ARE SOME MISTAKES IN THE SCHEDULE OF PROPERTY (I.E. NORTH SOUTH ETC). HOW CAN IT BE RECTIFIED AND WHAT DUTIES DO I NEED TO PAY. 

Learning

5 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     15 October 2010

Dear Sunil,

For rectifying the mistakes, you have to execute a rectification deed and register it.  In the said deed you can mention that the map of the property as a annexure to the deed.

Best regards.,

RENISH RAO (ADVOCATE)     16 October 2010

I, agree with Mr. Krishnaa. In addition to that, I would like to say, also ractify the SCHEDULE OF PROPERTY (I.E. NORTH SOUTH ETC.) by same ractification deed. Amount of Stamp duty payable on the deed is a matter of State Govt. Hence, pls. check the local stamp act where the property is situate.

Renish Rao (Advocate)

Ahmedabad, Gujarat

(M) 098795 53545

R.Ranganathan (Advocate)     02 November 2010

I agree with Mr. R.R.Krishna. You have to execute a Rectification Deed for rectifying the schedule of property and also attach the map as an annexure to the Rectification Deed. Mention in the Rectification Deed that the map of the land is attached as an annexure.

(Guest)

all are correct you execute a rectification deed and the annex the map with the deed at last  it will form part of the deed.

Arati Gawde ( Legal )     24 November 2010

Yes,  Execute 'Rectification Deed' and rectify the same error. And pay stamp-duty as per law prevailing there. (Check Stamp Act of that state)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register