Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kiran (Mgr)     16 March 2010

Filing Defamation Suit

Hello All!

My business rival has written a false email to clients and prospective clients in industry which says, that my setup / illegal and  we are corrupt in our dealings without any proof or talking with us. They also claimed that my employees are fraud.

I have a proof a that email which sent by them to one my client (my client gave me that email).

I have lost the significant business and i have been asked lot of questions by my clients in pipe line. 

How can file a defamation case them? An email writing about me, my employees and services undersigned by rival is enough proof?

Please Suggest!

Kiran

Learning

6 Replies

Kiran (Mgr)     16 March 2010

Thanks Venkatesh

Yes, I contains my company name, my name and my partner name. Calling us fraud and warning client that dont take our services. I have lost almost 10 lacs of business because of this and the ofcourse reputation.

My partner used to work with them and quit on a good note and then joined me she brought a business to my company and now the rival is jealous coz they r loosing business. So they have written an email to all my clients.

Will that be enough to go claim a damages?

Thanks

Kiran

Gagan Gupta (Advocate)     16 March 2010

A tort of defamation is commited against u? You can look into thedefination under IPC as well?

For Tort file Civil suit for damages, assess your damages and pay fee. for criminal case file complaint.

For further clarification ask me.

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     16 March 2010

You can undertake simulteneous civil (for claiming of loss suffered by you) and criminal proceedings (for his punishment).  Consult a lawyer in your area he will assist you.

Sandeep Naik (Advocate)     10 April 2012

The seniors have given u the right advice. u may contact them furhteradvice and if needed I amy help u.

Adv. Sandeep Naik

(Mob: 9967056980)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register