Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Simanta (NA)     22 August 2011

Does "correction deed" have a separate registration receipt?

HI - I am buying a flat where the seller had a correction deed done to correct the date on his original agreement. He had taken loan from HDFC and only has photocopies of the documents.

He has given me the Sale Agreement, Registration Receipt and Index II of the original agreement (with builder) however I have noticed that (A) The correction deed DOES NOT have any Registration Receipt though he paid 100stamp paper + 990 copying charges (B) the correction deed has the same index 2

I want to know if the correction deeds do not have Receipt ? We will check with the bank's "List of documents" tomorrow, but we don't have much time in hand so checking in advance, if the Receipt was lost, can I go ahead with this flat or will I have problems selling this flat in future if the receipt of the correction deed is lost ? Is there any way to retrieve the correction deed's receipt from registrar's office ?

What about the Index 2 ? I think it's OK to be same as the flat is not exhanging hand during correction deed.

Learning

1 Replies

bhavin (ADVOCATE)     23 August 2011

don't worry and don't get confuse..... simply go ahead.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register