LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kjindia2012 (resident)     11 May 2012

Divorce in usa

I got married 7 years ago and lived with my husband and his family for 2 years, and moved to US since my husband and my in-laws were verbally very abusive because of the fact that I belong to a middle class family, and my parents cant help them in their business. He came to US and was with me for few months, but didn't like it there. we decided that I at least finish my masters and move back to India. When I was prepared to move back, I came to know about his affair, and eventually his marriage (of which I have no proof). I thought of self filing the divorce on mutual consent and sent him the papers..which he signed and sent back to me (I have the proof). I came to know that its not possible to self file if one spouse is in other country. I the filed a no fault divorce and got it 2 years ago. I also have an affidavit signed by my husband that he received my notice and is okay with my divorce ( he did it to obtain the copy of the decree from me). Now i am back to India and want to remarry someone who lives in Europe. Is my no fault ex-parte divorce valid in India? is there any chance that my ex might create a problem and claim me? I would appreciate a valuable response. Thanks.

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)

This forum is no more suitable for advicing.Better PM me.

Kumar (Family CEO)     11 May 2012

There is more to the story than meets the eye. 

1. Please clarify this, "..we decided that I at least finish my masters and move back to India "

Did you and your USA NRI husband and you co-habit with you during the period you were doing your masters  ?

2. Who was paying for your education ? 

3. Do you and your USA/Indian husband have any kids ? 

4. When did you start the relationship with the European ? 

5. After the European, do you have any plans for exploring other countries ?  ( you may appear like a vexatious global , blood thirsty , divorce vampire on the loose !!!

6. You claim that you came to know of his affair. How  ? How did you come to know about his marriage but, in the same breath say that there is no proof. !!! Liar. Liar.

7. Receiving an affidavit is no proof of consent. It just indicates that the other party was notified. 

8. You appear over educated for free suggestions. Please pay a Indian attorney in good standing at the bar, retain him.Using free legal advice and time pass chit chatter and acting on a hodge podge of advise may land you in jail and the European may dump you like a hot potato. Did you disclose about your past to the European.

Sister - dont fall from USA and Europe. Look for character of the boy and more important , now that you leant a harsh lesson, the family.  Next time, just because your husband verbally abused you, shouldnt form the ground to divorce and bail out of a relationship. Marriage is a box where you need to put in more individually and collectively, before you take anything out. Use your womenly charm and win over the angry and high testerone husband. Show your calm during distress. Try these simple things and you will not have to fill the pockets of some lawyer but that money can go in the welfare of your middle class family, that you so claim. 

This post may not appear polite and does not contain legal advice. It contains the perspective of a loving husband, father and citizen of the world. 

kjindia2012 (resident)     11 May 2012

Thanks a lot for your valuable response Asish. Kumar, looks like you are a hurt soul..but trust me you cannot drink rat poison thinking that you are killing the other person. Hatred is not good for our soul. God bless!!

JANAK RAJ VATSA (ADVOCATE)     11 May 2012

nothing  more to add to the advice by adv ashish

Kumar (Family CEO)     12 May 2012

"Black Widow" - your own web has got you. I would hope that you have a good future life but if you dont put closures and leave tortured souls , broken families behind, they will come and haunt the hell out of you, your progency and future life. 

Truth is bitter, as bitter as the posion that you are referring. Interesting to see that you know so much about poisoning.  

The European will committ suicide. Back off until you put closures on papers and to the souls. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register