Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

help_divorce (SC)     29 March 2011

Counselling in courts

Hi,

My estranged wife has filed for divorce and I have filed for RCR. We have had 3 so-called counselling sessions. The estranged wife keeps telling that she wont return to the marital home. The so-called counsellor doesnt make any attempt to convice or advise her. Instead she has come to the conclusion that the marriage wont survive and I should also go for a divorce and pay her maintenance.

The marriage has come to such a state only because of my estranged wife's attitude. We have a small kid also, however the lady has remained adamant on her stand. She also wants maintenance from me inspite of the fact that I am ready to take her back and maintain her.

Why are so-called counselling sessions held? If the counsellor doesnt make any attempt to counsel what's the use of these sessions?

Learning

4 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     29 March 2011

@ Author

. A Rs. 3 Cr . out of Rs. 430 Cr. question you asked here for the first time down my memory lane.
Reasoning: Infact Law Ministry allocated all Family Courts Rs. 3 Cr. to appoint Counselors and advised that you shall send an grievances Letter to Law Ministry to step in and appoint "real counselors" as per spirit of Family Court Acts not dummy counselors who sway to tunes of errant Indian wife's when matter before Family Court.

Can you do that for larger public interest?

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     29 March 2011

You cannot blame the system of having counsellors in family courts. There are several cases where couples have united after counselling. This is only a bonafide attempt made to see whethet there can be any repproachment. In any case, the counsellors cannot make any order on the merits of the case and can pnly send a failure report.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     29 March 2011

For the admand act of your wife you cannot blame the counsellers.

zimmerzapper (student)     04 April 2011

Originally posted by :help_divorce
"  The so-called counsellor doesnt make any attempt to convice or advise her. Instead she has come to the conclusion that the marriage wont survive and I should also go for a divorce and pay her maintenance. "

conclusion: counsellor and your wife colluding to get maintenance. what actually happened between you 2?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register