Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arush Jain (Student)     22 March 2012

Conditional agreement for purchase of property

Can u suggest me:

Indian citizen can do purchase/sell agreement of land or property in conditional manner....

e.g. Mr. X wants to purchase land of Mr. Y on the condition that he will give converted land instead of agriculture land to Mr. X. i.e. X will purchase converted land but right now the land is agriculture....

So, if the conditional agreement is done, it can get registered in the registration department...?

Please suggest me...

Learning

3 Replies

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     22 March 2012

Dear Querist,

This is known as a contingent contract - the enforceability of which would depend on the fullfiment of collateral event i.e use change from agricultural to converted land. You can enter with him an agreement to sell whereby he agrees to get it converted. In the event of his not converting the contract would become void (allowing you to recover what you paid in earnest) if he performs the contract is enforceable. 

Pragati (law student)     22 March 2012

Bharat hav rytly said.....!!

Arush Jain (Student)     23 March 2012

Thank you so much sir and ma'am....can i get it registered ? sir the thing is k he is open to sell his agriculture land before conversion. how can i bound him for not selling his agriculture land ? and the main thing is the seller is sc q st....so i canmt purchase agriculture land from him .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register